PDA

View Full Version : Brake pad warning light

Wee Baldie
05-12-2009, 03:16 AM
Hi,

I took my Alhambra to a local mechanic when the low brake pad warning light came on. He renewed both the front and rear pads and also the front discs, which were badly scored (they were the original discs from new).

However, he can't get the warning light to go off. According to the owner's handbook, the warning light is triggered by sensors on the front pads. The new pads had equivalent wires which he reconnected but the warning light stayed lit.

The old rear driver's side pad also had wires, but the replacement rear pads had no wires. Would this be responsible for the warning light, even though the handbook says only the front pads affect the warning light?

It's a 2004 Seat Alhambra 130 SX TDi. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dave

Donkey01
23-01-2010, 05:20 PM
I have exactly the same problem on exactly the same car

Any help out there on this one please.

Does this require a reset somewhere

Donkey01
26-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Doh! Must learnt to read original post! Replaced rear pads with sensor (drive side) and fault cured.

seatalhambra1
14-10-2010, 07:10 PM
I have exactly the same problem on exactly the same car

Any help out there on this one please.

Does this require a reset somewhere

had the same problem if yr new pads have no wired connection ,not 2 worry [the socket that connects to yr brake pad s from the car will have a 2 wire connection socket link 1 bit of wire to hole in the socket to the other hole in the same socket and insulate tape up securely]this will in effect fool your car into thinking youve the right pads fitted, you may have to clear all fault codes on yr ecu with a cheap vag diagnostics scanner[can be bought cheaply on ebay and highly recommend in getting one to self diagnose problems b4 going to mechanic and being ripped off, in anycase the cost the mechanic will probally charge u in removing these codes will pay for 1 get the vag type though]