PDA

View Full Version : Wing Mirrors

bbb
06-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Hello,
Went to the car this morning to find the local scummers had kicked off the passenger side wing mirror :mad: . It was left hanging by the wiring but the black plastic surround on the door is damaged and the metal bracket has sheared off. Fortunately the colour coded shroud is ok.

Have checked Vagcat but cannot find anything. Am I looking at buying a complete new unit @ £££££'s or can you get the parts :confused:

Managed to snap a contact on the heated glass as well when removing it.

Cheers.

Big G
08-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Same happened to me. Some little villian kicked it off and the metal bracket snapped along with the mirror and black plastic cover but the painted section was fine. The mirror was 40 quid and metal bracket(includes the black cover) was 60 from a main dealer. In all it took 1hr to replace start to finish.

gresty
08-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Hello,
Went to the car this morning to find the local scummers had kicked off the passenger side wing mirror :mad: . It was left hanging by the wiring but the black plastic surround on the door is damaged and the metal bracket has sheared off. Fortunately the colour coded shroud is ok.

Have checked Vagcat but cannot find anything. Am I looking at buying a complete new unit @ £££££'s or can you get the parts :confused:

Managed to snap a contact on the heated glass as well when removing it.

Cheers.

Try www.vagparts.com (http://www.vagparts.com)

bbb
08-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Picked one up from main dealers today. £62 inc Vat as neither cap or glass was broken, not as bad as I expected.

Any fitting tips?

Thanks

Big G
09-05-2007, 07:27 AM
when i did mine be careful we pulling the door panel away so you dont break any of the clips like i did. You'll also need one of the sprcial screw drivers thats in a star with lots of edges, cant remember there offical name. Once the door panel is loose the cap onj the inside of the door needs removing by pulling it out of the window seal. Worse part was pulling the new wires inside the panel as they are not long enough to pull out of the door frame, other than that its straight forward.

new to vw
09-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Torx is the name of the screw/bit
cheers
lee:D :D

bbb
09-05-2007, 09:55 PM
job for the weekend then.

cheers