PDA

View Full Version : Golf mk4 brake pads

tixy
06-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Hi all

I wanna get some decent brake pads (front and back) for my 2001 golf.

i was looking on ebay and came across MINTEX brake pads with sensors (item no. 250034976680) for about £34 delivered.
the seller said that these are the make VAG use, they just box them again.

is he telling the truth?
and are these therefore a good price delivered?

if not anyone know what make VAG use and where to get em cheapest?

thanks

dubeagle
06-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Hi all

I wanna get some decent brake pads (front and back) for my 2001 golf.

i was looking on ebay and came across MINTEX brake pads with sensors (item no. 250034976680) for about £34 delivered.
the seller said that these are the make VAG use, they just box them again.

is he telling the truth?
and are these therefore a good price delivered?

if not anyone know what make VAG use and where to get em cheapest?

thanks

For comparison I got front and rear pads yesterday from German and Swedish in Thurrock and paid GBP 46.50 (front) and GBP 16.75 (rear) for Textar pads.
Also GBP 47.00 (front pair ) and GBP 31.00 (rear pair) Brembo discs.
All for 2003 Mk4 GT TDi 130 PD. OEM but branded goods. Not sure how this stacks up, and I gulped at the price ,but I consoled myself that this has got to be much cheaper than a VAG dealer.

There is a site on ebay which advertises OEM but unnamed items at GBP 89.99 for the above full set. I was tempted but postage was GBP 19.00 and they were in Sunderland so I went local.

Mintex is a major manufacturer so could be OK, I guess I would double check the feedback and contact the seller to ask if they are graded goods (why would they be repackaged?)

tixy
06-05-2007, 11:12 PM
oh yeah and could someone tell me what the correct part numbers are for mintex products on my 1.6se golf 2001 (front pads, rear pads, and discs)

thanks

guyg
07-05-2007, 08:08 AM
I don't normally recommend dealerships, but for brake parts, I have found the dealers to be cheaper for pads and discs for both my Passat and my old A6 than part supply firms supplying branded products. [I never fit unbranded].

Front discs for my 2001 Passat were £22 each and the pads were about £27 from memory. My local dealers give extra discount for cars over 5 years old.

Cheers

Guy

Lex Luthor
07-05-2007, 10:42 AM
oh yeah and could someone tell me what the correct part numbers are for mintex products on my 1.6se golf 2001 (front pads, rear pads, and discs)

thanks
Funnily enough Mintex have an online catalogue.....

golf tdi 02
07-05-2007, 11:15 AM
phone gsf motor factors they will recomend upgraded pads ie pagid fast road pads i can strongly recomend these as i have had to do some harsh braking lately and they are bloody goooddd:beerchug: