PDA

View Full Version : Servotronic Steering - retune?

richard100
02-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi folks,
I positively hate the servotronic steering in my car, and wondered if it was possible to have it re-geared / tuned so as not to be nearly so light at slow speeds.

Any Thoughts?

givenchy513
25-01-2010, 02:33 AM
Just got my a second hand A4 B8 58 Reg 2.0TDI S-Line Auto.
The steering is deadly heavy, but the car has been inpected by the Audi dealer where I bought this car, said all fine. It is very difficult to turn it with one hand.
Something wrong??

ScottyUK
25-01-2010, 03:01 PM
I thought the 2.0TDI's had servotronic (they do now) but maybe it doesn't have.

If it has then it should be featherweight when parking etc but weights up when at speed.

Rusk
25-01-2010, 04:45 PM
My B7 is in the shop today so they trusted me with a brand new 59 plate B8 (fools) and I hate the steering! Feels like you have no connection to the wheels and no control! Also the clutch is so far over to the right it is annoying. Start stop is kool though if not a very odd sensation.

richard100
25-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Just got my a second hand A4 B8 58 Reg 2.0TDI S-Line Auto.
The steering is deadly heavy, but the car has been inpected by the Audi dealer where I bought this car, said all fine. It is very difficult to turn it with one hand.
Something wrong??
When I test drove a B8, it did not have servotronic, and I thought it was heavy, so specced the servotronic. My wife likes it, but I hate it - it is the one thing I really dislike about the car. Sorry Audi, but I'd expect a so-called sporty compact exec would be able to get the steering right.:(

givenchy513
26-01-2010, 12:14 AM
When I test drove a B8, it did not have servotronic, and I thought it was heavy, so specced the servotronic. My wife likes it, but I hate it - it is the one thing I really dislike about the car. Sorry Audi, but I'd expect a so-called sporty compact exec would be able to get the steering right.:(

Thanks for your guys' reply.
Seems mine got no servotronics, I know my muscles are not very strong, but I have to insist the steering is very heavy. And I guess the only thing I need to do is get use to it. Now I am missing my volvo. I shouldn't.
Thanks all