PDA

View Full Version : Passat Key

venetian-red
02-12-2009, 09:23 PM
I have recently aquired a 130TDI Passat estate Sport 2001, which is a brill car, ideal for what I need which is towing and family/dog. My question is that when I bought the car the previous owner had bought a new spare key fob from Ebay (Dealer prices ridiculous), programmed it but the flick out key is a 'blank'. I have asked my local locksmith can he cut it but no can do. Is my only alternative the dealer? Anyone had it done and if so at what price can I expect? Cheers.

kite
02-12-2009, 09:34 PM
http://www.klck-ltd.com/

venetian-red
02-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Top man!

Panzerdriver
02-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Had mine done at a local key cutter/ locksmith and cost £12.

justin31
03-12-2009, 12:41 AM
I have recently aquired a 130TDI Passat estate Sport 2001, which is a brill car, ideal for what I need which is towing and family/dog. My question is that when I bought the car the previous owner had bought a new spare key fob from Ebay (Dealer prices ridiculous), programmed it but the flick out key is a 'blank'. I have asked my local locksmith can he cut it but no can do. Is my only alternative the dealer? Anyone had it done and if so at what price can I expect? Cheers.

inside your working key is a transponder that turns off the imboliser when you start the car.you will need to get the transponder in the spare key linked up with imobilser otherwise it wont start the car when you switch it on