PDA

View Full Version : Mk5 Golf Rear speakers

retrodev
06-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Does anyone know how to take the rear door cards off a Mk5 Golf?

I'm looking to fit speakers to the doors of someone's car when the car hasn't got any, so I don't know if i'll need to get the factory ecu programmed to accept 2 more rear speakers, as it only picks up the front at present on the head unit

Also, wonder if anyone knows if there should be wiring in place for them aswell?

Cheers D

robbien
11-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi

Just done this on my 'S' spec 2005 TDi

There were no speakers or wiring for rear speakers which is why i gather (from other forums) there is no fade option (apparently it appears when you connect rear speakers)

I had some speakers (17" 2-way pioneers) and wiring installed for me as it didn't have time to do it myself.

Hope this helps

weezy
14-12-2009, 02:51 AM
anyhow, in ICE (in car entertainment), the ideal is actually to have speakers in front only, so that you can get front staging... in layman terms, this is to make the sound come out from the front like you are watching a concert, and the fat lady is singing to you only from the bonnet of your car... the further she is, the better... (and harder to tune for the audio guys).

the surround setup (i.e. sound from all directions) is for watching movies.... and in audiophile terms, they are not really ideal... cant imagine the bass player sitting behind you right? :biglaugh:

robbien
15-12-2009, 09:09 PM
??!!!!What???!!!
Do you live in the real world???
The guy was asking for advice on how to do something and i tried to help out.
Comparing a car audio system to a concert hall is rediculous - you want all round sound so that people in the front don't make their ears bleed in order for people in the back to hear some sounds.
This forum is supposed to be to help people rather than try and show off!!

tompointer
15-12-2009, 10:01 PM
My golf plus has front speakers only along with the rcd300 unit - it sounds crap,my ford ka van sounds far better.
Weezy - i wonder why better spec cars have more speakers ?,the next model up from mine gains 4 more speakers.
The audi q5 has 10 speakers.??.

onzarob
15-12-2009, 11:23 PM
to remove the door card, prize apart the door handle and undo the two screws. then you need to undo the 3 screws along the bottom edge. next step is to release each fixing with a long screwdriver (covered in tape to stop scratches).

A Haynes manual is worth allot for this type of work ;)

weezy
16-12-2009, 01:19 AM
??!!!!What???!!!
The guy was asking for advice on how to do something and i tried to help out.
Comparing a car audio system to a concert hall is rediculous - you want all round sound so that people in the front don't make their ears bleed in order for people in the back to hear some sounds.
This forum is supposed to be to help people rather than try and show off!!

sorry if that wasnt music to your ears... and i am not sure what i said that made you perceive that i was showing off. which i wasnt. anyhow, not everyone has a car full of people all the time. i was trying to share a different perspective... that's all. that is what a forum is for?

macc70
16-12-2009, 03:14 AM
"??!!!!What???!!!
The guy was asking for advice on how to do something and i tried to help out"

Maybe a little late with the help/advice:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::zx1 1:

onzarob
16-12-2009, 10:18 AM
I suggest you all calm down.

The OP still wants to REMOVE the rear door card ;)

macc70
16-12-2009, 11:28 AM
:biglaugh: Lets hope he has plenty of patience:biglaugh: sitting at his PC for the last 30 months waiting for a reply:zx11::zx11::zx11::zx11::zx11::zx11::zx11::zx 11::zx11::zx11::zx11:

onzarob
16-12-2009, 12:59 PM
:biglaugh: Lets hope he has plenty of patience:biglaugh: sitting at his PC for the last 30 months waiting for a reply:zx11::zx11::zx11::zx11::zx11::zx11::zx11::zx 11::zx11::zx11::zx11:

:Blush2: Opps ;):D