PDA

View Full Version : second speed units?

mark381
30-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Hi, Just got my CC and was wondering how to change the second speed reading in the MFD from km/h to mph? The manual says to go to settings which I do, but I cannot find anything relevant from that point. Help please? Thanks in advance.

Mark

eob
01-12-2009, 02:00 PM
I think that this involves using VAG.COM to change the country setting as in the UK we have to have readings in MPH and KM/H (for going to the continent I think).

I don't know which setting to change myself but once enabled it becomes an option in the MFD to change the units. See here (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2446).

This is something I would like to do too.

eob
01-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Hmmm, I found this:
"And finally, the long awaited answer to the originally posed question: How
to make the 2007 Passat display km/h. Quite easily, actually. The
electronic odometer can be switched to display km/h by pressing the "0.0"
button for zeroing the trip odometer and holding it for about 5 seconds. "
0.0 km/h" will flash, and once the car starts moving, it's a neat
electronic speedometer."

Don't know if it will be that easy as I suspect the option will be locked for the UK.

gamichea
01-12-2009, 06:30 PM
There are a few posts about this in the B6 forum. I think the conclusion reached is that the handbook is promulgating a porkie 'cos no one got any result by following what it says.

reprosteve
03-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi

My VW garage said it cant be changed. Because the speedo only has markings for MPH so the second has to show KMPH. I hope they can be proved wrong on this, I got used to it after a few weeks and now don't notice it.

Steve

mark381
04-12-2009, 09:02 PM
I contacted my dealer and they said the same as Reprosteve has stated, had the car almost 5 days now and don't notice it now. Loving my CC though! if only it would stop raining.