PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there got a Yeti yet?

ptolemy
30-11-2009, 08:52 PM
I am considering a new Yeti 1.2 tsi for March as an alternative to a new Golf or Polo. Anyone out there got any feedback? I have sat in the car and was very impressed but have not yet driven one.

jennylamb
30-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Hi there i have driven a demo for the last few weeks they are oknice inside and they go well the only thing with the first one the dask was very creaky around the dash insert and the new one i have now steams up alot so there may be initial teething problems with them

ptolemy
01-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks. A few people have reported Yeti cabin rattles on another Skoda forum that I have been looking at. However, I have also learnt that Skoda have made some changes to parts so that the rattle/creak should not appear on the very latest ones......

john@johnsthrel
14-02-2010, 02:38 PM
I've just ordered a Yeti SE 110 TDI 4 x 4 which will be due for delivery mid April to beginning of May to replace my 11 year old Merc SLK 230.

John

ptolemy
15-02-2010, 12:41 PM
I ordered mine (a 1.2 TSI S) on 9th January and it is now due end of March / early April. Apparently Skoda have taken orders for three times as many Yetis as originally forecast prior to launch in the UK.
The press reviews have all been very positive and having driven the car I am incredibly impressed with the ride, handling, refinement, quality and value of the Yeti. Just a shame I have to wait three months......

TimS996
12-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Had one of these recently as a courtesy car out in Austria when my old Golf broke down on holiday.

Great in the snow, very comfortable on the autobahn and on the twisty back roads. Felt spacious and very solid. So much so, going to test drive on when back in the UK.

Also got a lot of attention from locals as its new out here too.

Gilesme
20-03-2010, 11:41 AM
I've got a 1.2tsi 2wd Elegance.

It's great - no creaks or rattles / no steaming up.

Can do up to 48 around town if driven gently. Suffers a bit over 70 though - so if you do lots of motorway work get a diesel.

Standard climate / leather / heated seats / autowipers / autolights / cruise / xenons / RCD510-alike / parking sensors etc. etc.

I got the pana roof too - very clever. If it gets too cold when parked, it shuts the screen inside. If it rains when open, it auto closes. If you leave it open too long (8 hours) it closes itself.

Amazing quick on poor minor roads, as you can float over the bumps !

TimS996
20-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Seriously thinking about getting one of these now as I need to swop my old Golf GTi for something with more room and a big diesel. The 170bhp with 8.1 secs 0-60 seems great!! Wonder what the handling would be like?

Build quality seems as good as VW though and not lacking on the options at all.

Gilesme
24-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Seriously thinking about getting one of these now as I need to swop my old Golf GTi for something with more room and a big diesel. The 170bhp with 8.1 secs 0-60 seems great!! Wonder what the handling would be like?

Build quality seems as good as VW though and not lacking on the options at all.

Handling is great (I was going to say "superb"). Build quality is very good - a lot of the bits are VW bin items - like the climate control.

Try googling and find a bad review - I can't find one !

redrolo
25-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Is the 4x4 the same unit as in the Tiguan?

Gilesme
11-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Latest Hadex gen4 , so I think so. If not, Skoda more advanced....

vwawudi
15-07-2010, 02:34 PM
No longer in the market for a 4x4 but if I was, would pick the Yeti over the Tiguan. The Tiguan looks so ugly inside and VW should be ashamed. I've always felt that VW can be a very, very lazy bunch when it comes to inspired interior design IMHO.
Next time I'm looking for a 4b4 I'll definitely take the Yeti for a spin!

Gilesme
20-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Totally agree with you - dash on a Tiguan is horrendous !

vwawudi
21-07-2010, 12:01 AM
totally agree with you - dash on a tiguan is horrendous !

+1

q.f.t.

01alam
02-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Hello there,

Just stumbled upon this part of the forum. I have bought a Yeti to replace my A6. At the end the Audi is just way too thirsty with the V6.

The Yet is a good car, reliable and good handling and lots of room inside (not as capacious as the Audi estate, but it is much smaller and much more economical).

It has a slightly harder ride than the Mk6 Golf, but everything else is virtually similar, and you get a higher driving position!

blobbs
05-02-2012, 08:33 AM
I have a Yeti. Changed from a A4 S line. More comfortable and almost the same fuel economy

doca
25-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Looking to get one - seems to be better reviewed than the Tiguan!

bmwdumptruck
20-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Three years in, and ONLY one thread with 16 posts!! Are they really that good, or does it attract owners that don't use forums?

Allroad_2013
27-03-2013, 07:26 PM
There's lots of Yeti forum activity on the Briskoda website.

And Yes, they really are that good! We're selling ours shortly after just over three years and getting an A6 Allroad as we need a bit more towing capacity. If we hadn't needed that, we certainly would have looked at another one.

EssexGonzo
27-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Don't have one but had one as a hire car a couple of weeks ago to get me from work in Lausanne down to Turin and then back to Courmayeur for a weekend of skiing.

Loved it. This one was a diesel 4x4 on winter tyres. Very effective on the 30 hours / 55 cm of snow that we had. I'd consider one.