PDA

View Full Version : Boot/Tailgate warning light

neilglos
05-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Hi
I have a W reg/2000 Polo SE.
The problem im having is theat the warning light to indicate that the boot isnt shut properly keeps coming on even though the boot is shut properly. The light either comes on 'fully' or just 'glows' slightly. Sometimes it will only happen if the engine is running and not just the ignition on.

The latch/swith on the boot itself seems fine and extinguishes the interior light properly. I thought it may have been some light 'leaking' through from the hand brake light just above, but the problem continues when the hand break light is off.

Any thoughts...?
Neil

wacits
18-05-2006, 09:38 PM
I have a X-Reg polo and the boot light is now permanently on.

Take it no one has any ideas?
:(

neilglos
19-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Hi

Mine turned out to be a 'mucky' switch inside the tailgate locking mechanism. Need to take it off though.

Neil

wacits
19-05-2006, 11:16 PM
Thanks

will look at the hatch and see if it is that.

I noticed that it started to happen when I started using a car park which was more like a rubble field.

wayne

rommar250
22-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Thanks

will look at the hatch and see if it is that.

I noticed that it started to happen when I started using a car park which was more like a rubble field.

wayne

Hi, did you get anywhere with your checks? i've checked my lock/switch, is not in great condition, i checked it with electric tester, no "light"...although when i checked the actual connector to lamp itseldf, i got "light" on my tester on one contact, not on the other. Didnt get me anywhere though, assuming is on permanent power and switch is for earth...looks like i need new switch...

wacits
23-03-2009, 10:56 PM
yes, The rear wash wiper hose had come off the nozzle and had shorted out / corroded the boot light contact. Replace the part and it worked like new.

I sold the polo 2 years ago. Pick up my touran in a couple of weeks.