PDA

View Full Version : dashboard central colour display

mostin
29-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Hi, just got a 3.0 V6 TDI and was wondering if there is a way of diming the display as it does not appear to dim when i operate the dimer for the rest of the dash lights - forgive my ignorance if it is something simple. Cheers in advance for any help.

dickymint
30-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Welcome to the Forum.
Yes, it can be done, you can have different light/contrast levels. I have my display dimmer for night-time driving. Check in your vehicle handbook. Further info available at www.mytreg.com (http://www.mytreg.com). Let us know how you get on.

mostin
02-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the welcome dickymint,

Still no luck on dimming the MFD, have done a factory reset on everything but cannot find in manual how to dim MFD anymore pointers went to the site you mentioned but no luck.

Thanks in advance

dickymint
03-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Firstly, I have a 54 reg Treg with a CD based RNS2 system which is not touchscreen. If you have a DVD based system the following may not apply. Page 48 of Section 3.3. of my handbook refers to System Settings. However, have just been to the car and adjusted my display like so.......

1. Turn on the radio.
2. Press Set-up.
3. Press Syst settings.
4. Press Day/Night and using righthand knob of unit set to Auto.
5. Press Contrast day and use righthand knob again to adjust.
6. Press Contrast night and use righthand knob again to adjust.
7. Press Esc 3 times to return to Radio screen.

Adustment can also be made going through Navi then Set up and using 3, 4, 5, 6, as above, then Esc twice to return to Navigation format screen.

Hope all the above is of some assistance.

rally5
29-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi There Mostin. The display you are talking about is the one between the speedo and rev counter which is not dimable, sorry. THe display that is ajustable is the satnav/radio unit.
Update on this, My display does change very slightly when adjusting the dash lights however this is hardley noticeable. Hope this helps !