PDA

View Full Version : even more locking problems!!!!!!!

black magic
28-11-2009, 07:20 PM
hi, after months of wiring checks and little sucess i came to the conclusion that the reason my osr and nsf doors would not lock when locking the drivers door was the motors must be knackered........I recently got some motors from another passat and spent a day stripping all the stupid regulators out of the doors, just to find that when i fitted the new motors i still have the same problem, i have checked all the wiring to the ccm and had to re-wire some parts due to them been melted but , still the same , all the windows ect work just the nsf and osr locks that fail to work, i have vag-com and know how to read codes( the only one im getting is "intermittent signal to osr door")but havent a clue how to use it after that,
any ideas would be very gratefull as going round the car locking all doors os starting to do my head in,
thanks
ian

martin1810
29-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Were the ccm wires really melted? They are usually corroded and just need sections replacing. If they melted you must have a short circuit somewhere. Look for trapped or pinched wires.

black magic
29-11-2009, 03:12 PM
yes they were well and truly done, just one big mass of black mess, nome of the windows or anything worked, but after re-wiring the loom the windows work and all locks apart from the two mentioned, however i have just noticed today that if the rear heated window is on and i use the left hand indicator ,then some times the indicator sticks on........ this is becoming an anoying problem now, think im gonna have to strip out the ccm again and re-trace my steps and maybe dry out ccm on a radiator for a day or two see if i have any luck ....... cant understand why only two locks dont work though???