PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Problem?

steve982
28-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Guys, can anyone point me in the right direction?.....I have just bought a 1995 A4 2.6 Quattro. It has a very odd throttle response in the fact that when it is cold, it doesn't release and runs at 3000 rpm.......when it is hot and trying to tick over it races between 1000-2500 rpm. This makes for a very difficult drive!!!
I have been told that it is the throttle potentiometer?......I have tried unsuccessfully to obtain one. I have removed the throttle body and cleaned it, but no difference was made!........any ideas please?........or does anyone have a throttle body/potentiometer for sale?

fourringsrus
28-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Hi Steve, I have the same lump in my '95 80 coupe, now assuming that you don't have any sticky mechanisms causing this issue,it's maybe worth inspecting all air lines/hoses to the induction area as a leaking pipe could interfere with the running of what is usually a delightfully smooth unit.
Hope that gives you something usefull to play with.
Stuart

steve982
28-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks Stuart, I have already found a few pipes that were not connected, but reattaching these does not seem to have made any difference. As I said previously I have checked things through and had the throttle body off and cleaned it, but in all honesty the guy I got the car from told me that an Audi mechanic had already told him that the potentiometer was the problem......just having trouble getting the right one at the right price!!!!!
Steve