PDA

View Full Version : Remote Central Locking Curiosity!

Egg Roll
27-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Hey,

Okay, reading the posts on the forum already. It has lead me to the conclusion that my 98 1.9 A4 (Pre-FaceLift) has a remote central locking pump. I didn't recieve one of them transponder things with the car at first so I'm assuming the original buyer of the vehicle back in 1998 didn't want remote central locking. Perhaps he liked the exercise of turning the key? Who knows.

The key I have is just a normal key with no buttons on it. I managed to get acquire one of the transponders from another Audi A4 of around the same age. It has the Unlock and Lock buttons (No boot opening button, it's the 2 button transponder).

I know the transponder comes in 2 parts. The part in which houses the key and the other which opens the doors, etc. One of my concerns is whether my car DOES actually have remote central locking. I will check the pump tomorrow and have a look for the code thing that I've been instructed to look for by the Remote central locking FAQ thread above this one.

My other concern is once I get the key laser cut to duplicate my original key, will I have immobiliser problems? - Does my original key disable the immobiliser? If so, does that mean I have the get the freshly cut key programmed or something?

Thank!

olds_kool
27-11-2009, 10:28 PM
post your pump part number
by the way the transponder is the little glass capsule that stores the immo information and disables it, any new key will need coding by audi / auto locksmith or me if you live anywhere near

Egg Roll
27-11-2009, 10:40 PM
I will post the part number tomorrow, I believe the magic suffix I am looking for is 'G'? Right? :1zhelp:

I live in London unfortunately, otherwise I would have taken you up on that offer! Thanks anyways!