PDA

View Full Version : Teak Brown ??

Bratty
27-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Had the chance to experience an Allroad at a dealership in Teak Brown, WOW!! that is a colour:confused:.
Also becoming aware that there seems to be a trend here in the Fatherland towards "brown and copper tones" for new vehicles. In particular Merc and Bmw (Gran Turismo).
Is Brown The NEW!! WHITE??

Dunk

onemanparty
27-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Had the chance to experience an Allroad at a dealership in Teak Brown, WOW!! that is a colour:confused:.
Also becoming aware that there seems to be a trend here in the Fatherland towards "brown and copper tones" for new vehicles. In particular Merc and Bmw (Gran Turismo).
Is Brown The NEW!! WHITE??

Dunk

I have seen a Teak Brown Q7 :aargh4:

Maybe in Germany but not here.

Bratty
27-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Not Q7!! A4 Allroad.......!

Dunk

Bratty
27-11-2009, 09:19 PM
On German Audi Forum some loon is asking for advice on wether a Teak Brown A5 Cabriolet would look alright with a black leather interior and Black roof!!!?!!!

Sorry but that is just so.............! wrong:( (IMHO) personnel choice and all that but goodness gracious that is one way to make sure that it will always be your car;).

Dunk

cpd1
29-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Ah you said Bratty seems to be the new trendy colour. A4 Allroad launch pictures, BMW X1, R8 Roadster, just to name a few...
To each his own, I don't mind it in pictures but think I would struggle to leave with it long term. Plus limits your interior choice too...

tlionhart
29-11-2009, 01:35 PM
i've seen the brown A5 cab

PNS2007
29-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Teak brown looks nice but I don't think it will be a colour that stays in fashion (!) for too long

http://4circles.blogspot.com/2009/09/audi-r8-52-fsi-v10-spyder-in-teak-brown.html

different car I know!

Bratty
30-11-2009, 12:39 AM
Do not want to be the "Bringer of Bad News" but I reckon that the UK will be following the trend (as usual?). At the moment you might fight it (even hate It) But you will be assimulated.:confused:

Choice is in the hand of the person paying the MONEY! Opinions?PAHHHHH!

Dunk;)

MFGF
30-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I remember Morris Marinas and Austin Princesses in a very similar colour. We didn't refer to it as "teak" though :)

MF.

robtt09
30-11-2009, 03:53 PM
BMW Mini now doing a metallic brown which looks ok..just! I think the Germans are colour blind or maybe blind to what is acceptable to the rest of us. Always think Alfa good with colours just iffy with the rest of the car