PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Vascom reports faulty Brake light switch, But...

OpenRoad
26-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Engine - Workshop alarm has come up on the dash of my 04 Passat Highline (130BHP TDi)
I took it to a VW independent garage. They hooked it up to their diagnosics system and it reported a faulty brake light switch. 'Duff' unit was changed but alarm persists. The alarm wont allow itself to be reset. Garage tried another analysis unit, this showed same thing. Tried disconnecting battery for 30 minutes. Alarm still present. Checked main ECU enclosure for moisture. Totally dry.
Anyone know how to resolve this problem please???:1zhelp:

martin1810
26-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Check the condition of your brake light bulbs, look for corrosion or miss match on amps like one 4W and one 5W. Silly things like that can throw up a fault.

OpenRoad
26-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the hint. I will check the lamps & contacts in the day light. All brake lights are working ok, there is no visiable difference in their intensity and no bulb has recently been changed. So either I have a failing bulb or there is corrosion on one of the contacts.
Oh the joy of motoring!:biglaugh:

mikepassat4
02-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi
After adding a new battery, I found that the ABS and STOP warning lights are on all the time, it was ok before???

I also have NO Stereo at all???

Any ideas on a quick fix

I have a Passat 2.5L V5 -D Plate