PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch w/Factory Ipod Adaptor?

tdw197
23-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi all,

I have a 57 plate Passat with the factory fitted adaptor which works very well with my old ipod (aprt from the lack of names....).

I'm about to update the ipod to a new touch version and wondering if anyone has used a new touch with the factory adaptor?

I'm seem to remember a thread on here ages ago saying it doesn't charge the ipod? can anyone confirm?

not a major issue as about to order m new car - torn between a new highline+ passat or an insignia....:aargh4:

mhurer
25-11-2009, 08:03 AM
I have the ipod factory fitted option in my 56 plate Passat and it works fine with the ipod touch, but as you say it does not charge it. Other than that it is exactly the same as any other ipod in terms of how the CD1-5 works with playlists, and 6 is all etc.

shark_90
25-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Have you thought about upgrading to a Dension Gateway? You would gain charging ability and also text on your instrument cluster screen, not to mention full control via your multi function wheel or wiper stalk if you don't have the wheel, instead of the playlist 1-5/all tracks arrangement.

See http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/news/article.asp?id=118 for more details.

tdw197
26-11-2009, 06:00 PM
I have the ipod factory fitted option in my 56 plate Passat and it works fine with the ipod touch, but as you say it does not charge it. Other than that it is exactly the same as any other ipod in terms of how the CD1-5 works with playlists, and 6 is all etc.

cheers, as i thought.

i bought a charge converter off've ebay togther with a dock extender to solve this.

just found out i can order my new car tomorrow though........... think its goodbye to the passat :(