PDA

View Full Version : Knocking when turning left.

forresttc
04-05-2007, 12:21 PM
:1zhelp:
Hi, I have been with the site for around 3 months now and have to say I find it very informative.
Back to the query...

When I turn Left I hear a knocking sound coming from the front left hand side of the car, I was wondering if this is the drive shaft ?????.
I have taken the back to the garage and they said that they had replaced the Drive shaft.
I still had the knocking noise so I again brought the car back and this time they said they replaced the bushes, and that they could not hear the knocking noise I insisted was there. Again I took the car and my my old friend the knock was back....
Now I will not take the car back as the under tray for the engine dropped as my wife was driving along the motorway, and was been held on by one screw when I went and collected her. I gave out Blue murder to the owner of the garage and told him that his mechanic should not touch anything more than a dipstick.

Anyway back to the knocking noise any ideas........

shooey88
04-05-2007, 12:34 PM
lower suspension bearing arms are common failures and there was a recall on them due to being faulty! passats have multi link front suspension and there are lots of bushes that you could look at to change. commonly CV gaiters split can cause the CV joints to fail....(more a clicking/knocking sound) requiring new drive shaft ends. there the things to look out for in general.