PDA

View Full Version : Noisy blower fan

jakerade
22-11-2009, 04:43 PM
My blower has become particularly noisy (click noise like the fan is hitting something or the bearing is on the way out)

Anyone else had this? Can't really be ***** to go to the dealer to be told to come back when they have ordered the parts etc etc but its getting unbearable...

GolferPete
22-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Not sure how else you expect to get it fixed? Divine intervention perhaps?

jakerade
22-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Not sure how else you expect to get it fixed? Divine intervention perhaps?

Something like that - hammer?

Just wondered if it was a known fix it yourself or a known fault i can quote to the dealer without driving back 2 or 3 times, them not hearing it or saying "they have adjusted it" (like my windows and arm rest which i fixed myself in the end)

mkc
23-11-2009, 12:39 PM
My blower has become particularly noisy (click noise like the fan is hitting something or the bearing is on the way out)

Buy her a new pair of shoes:beerchug:

jakerade
23-11-2009, 12:59 PM
now why didnt I think of that!

alexcf
13-12-2009, 11:18 PM

Anyone else had this? Can't really be ***** to go to the dealer to be told to come back when they have ordered the parts etc etc but its getting unbearable...

Is your one in the passenger footwell by any chance? It's driving me potty, need to take mine in and get it sorted. Been driving quite a bit with "Dynamic" on, and urr, I seem to have unsettled a few things in door frames going over some bumpy bits towards my favourite spot on the A23 (Handcross Hill). :(

jakerade
14-12-2009, 09:44 AM
yes its coming from the passenger footwell but mine hasnt done it for a bit now

If you have rattly windows i bet its in the wet only. If so spray some wd40 or clear silicon spray on the seal between the front door and the rear door (its located on the rear door window frame) and it will go away for a month or so.

alexcf
14-12-2009, 09:46 AM
yes its coming from the passenger footwell but mine hasnt done it for a bit now

If you have rattly windows i bet its in the wet only. If so spray some wd40 or clear silicon spray on the seal between the front door and the rear door (its located on the rear door window frame) and it will go away for a month or so.

Interesting! Must be something quite a few people have... Mine's definitely here to stay, it's consistantly getting louder... :(

I'll try and work out what the rattles are later on, seems to only do it around now when it's winter.

jakerade
14-12-2009, 09:49 AM
mine did it for about a week and then went away - i dont doubt it will be back!

Yes the window frames only rattle in damp conditions in my experience. If you open the windows slightly it goes away. I think the problem is actually in the piano black window trim as mine squeeks if i push it hard