PDA

View Full Version : dashboard light cluster HELP PLEASE

trioptics130
21-11-2009, 06:06 PM
hi all, made a mistake today and left me drivers door wimdow open, not noticing this we had a fair drop of the liquid sunshine earlier and the dash board got a tad wet. Now i have a problem that with the ignition off and all dash stalks in their neutral positions the main beam lights have turned on all be them selves, and when i put the light stalk forward to the main beam position they turn off, when i turn the rotary light switch i can get the lights to work properly, so my question is do i leave alone and let water that has got into the cluster to evaperate naturally or would it be best to take out the cluster and dry it out with a a hair dryer, if the latter could someone please tell me how to take the cluster out of the dash without breaking it, your thoughts and ideas would be very welcome thanks in advance daren

Ben
21-11-2009, 10:28 PM
welcome to the forum.

trioptics130
22-11-2009, 01:24 AM
thankyou for the warm welcolm

RickT
14-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum!!!

If you have any questions, please post these in the relevant sections for your model of car.

Cheers

Rick

speedieman
14-12-2009, 05:04 PM
welcome fella

bora23
16-12-2009, 12:26 PM
For the amount of time and effort it would take you would be better off leaving the car to dray naturally. It will soon dry out. And next time, close your window. Welcome by the way!