PDA

View Full Version : Immobilser problems on polo 1.4

ruby2005
04-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Hi Guys,

This is my first time to the forum and what a great idea to share all our woes!!

So, here goes. My polo suddenly at the weekend would not start due to the immobilser failing to turn off. So I went and got a replacement battery for the remote.

The guy told me if it didnt work first time, to turn on ignition stand outside door and press remote four times which would recalculated the system. any way it worked, drove it all sunday on a number of journeys.

Monday morning to go to work, the immobilser would not turn off!!!

Monday night came home, it worked straight away. I then disconnected the car battery and re connected, in a hope the polo would reset. The car worked.

The next morning it didnt.

This has been happening all week, starting at night not in morning. someone suggested to change the clock, i did no joy!!

Please help!!!

shooey88
07-05-2007, 06:44 PM
what year your polo? does it have a factory fitted immobilizer? on the old polos there was a problem with the ignition switch being faulty....also the immobilizer contacts having poor resistance and being faulty. the new immobilizers omes with gold wiring contacts that improve this...this all depends on what model year polo you have?:confused:

ruby2005
09-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Hi Shoey88,

The polo is a 1997 model, however the problem is no longer a problem.

I had a mechanic come and look at the car and he found nothing wrong with it. When it was started i left it at my Mums and the immobiliser was not playing up. The alarm was also fab, I was able to sit in the back garden and press my remote control and we could hear the alarm turning on when the car was 200 yards up the road.

Where as when it is at my home, I try and press the remote through the window at the car which is 10 yards away and it doesnt even work.

It also depends where the car is parked near my house.

After reading alot on the net, I came up with the answer of radio waves interference. I think there is alot of radiowaves near my home compared with other surroundings!! i am just glad it has stopped playing up!!