PDA

View Full Version : A4 2.0FSI Multitronic Noise @ 2400 RPM

cbtg2006
21-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Hi guys,

3 weeks ago I got myself a 2.0FSI Multitronic saloon. Love the car, but I've got a really annoying noise at around 2400rpm which happens only under load. It sounds almost like it could be the exhaust - like a resonating noise.

For example if I set the cruise control at 70 I will constantly get the noise as the required RPM is 2400 for 70mph. As you cn imagine, I set the cruise at 70 mph most days so this is getting tiring to say the least. It will not do it when decelerating or when going down hill and holding 2400rpm as there is no load.

It does it in all tiptronic 'gears' as well as drive/sport modes.

I was wondering if anyone else had a 2.0FSI with the same issue, or whether it simply isn't right/ The garage I purchased the car from have got Audi to check out the Multitronic gear box and they've said it 100%. Maybe this is normal... doesn't sound that way though.

Thanks,

danclyon
21-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Hi guys,

3 weeks ago I got myself a 2.0FSI Multitronic saloon. Love the car, but I've got a really annoying noise at around 2400rpm which happens only under load. It sounds almost like it could be the exhaust - like a resonating noise.

For example if I set the cruise control at 70 I will constantly get the noise as the required RPM is 2400 for 70mph. As you cn imagine, I set the cruise at 70 mph most days so this is getting tiring to say the least. It will not do it when decelerating or when going down hill and holding 2400rpm as there is no load.

It does it in all tiptronic 'gears' as well as drive/sport modes.

I was wondering if anyone else had a 2.0FSI with the same issue, or whether it simply isn't right/ The garage I purchased the car from have got Audi to check out the Multitronic gear box and they've said it 100%. Maybe this is normal... doesn't sound that way though.

Thanks,

I have the diesel and there's a few rev points where if anything were out of line I would expect to hear some resonance.....but.....I wouldn't necessarily trust the dealer to diagnose the multi properly (read around on here and you'll hear some horror stories!!).

Does it do it when in S mode as well as D in/out of the virtual gears???

Also any judder when pulling away with just minimal throttle/judder in gear?

Cheers,
Dan.

cbtg2006
22-11-2009, 02:07 PM
I have the diesel and there's a few rev points where if anything were out of line I would expect to hear some resonance.....but.....I wouldn't necessarily trust the dealer to diagnose the multi properly (read around on here and you'll hear some horror stories!!).

Does it do it when in S mode as well as D in/out of the virtual gears???

Also any judder when pulling away with just minimal throttle/judder in gear?

Cheers,
Dan.

Hi Dan,

It does it in S/D and virtual gear modes. No judder when pulling away with little/no throttle - the car is otherwise running very well!

Thanks,

Chris

danclyon
22-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi Dan,

It does it in S/D and virtual gear modes. No judder when pulling away with little/no throttle - the car is otherwise running very well!

Thanks,

Chris

Then I'd be checking all the mounts and the exhaust, plus also all the air-path under the bonnet.....lots of things can come a bit loose. Others will doubtless be able to guide you with more accuracy as I'd be looking at a totally different engine :-)

Good luck!,
Cheers,
Dan.