PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my v5 bora

Paul Adams
04-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Hello everyone, new to the site today. wondered if there are any experts out there?

I currently have my vw bora in an audi garage as I have a loss of power problem/jerking. The problem never happens when the engine is cold but when it warms up it feels like it is not firing on all cyliders, loss of power and acceleration.

My audi mechanic mate has hooked it up to diagnostics and car showed fault with lampda probe-he has fitted a replacement air mass meter which has now eliminated all problems on the diagnostics machines. The problem with loss of power is still there and he is at a loss as to what is still causing the problem as nothing is showing on the diagnostic test? He has now changed plugs and plug leads and still the problem occurs.

He is going to clean the throttle body? and I have read the VW manual which says it could be a fault in the ignition system?

Could there be a problem with the fuel pump/injectors or is there an airleak or major blockage somewhere? He says the oxygen sensors are fine? what the hell could be causing this problem?

Any help very much appreciated!!!

cheers

Paul