PDA

View Full Version : Just Ordered Some New Wiper Blades

RickT
04-05-2007, 12:50 AM
All..

Just to let you know i have just purchased so new wipers for the B6..

These are like the Aero ones.. using the existing arms..

I will provide a review once we get some rain!!

See photos below..

RickT

Coupe16v
04-05-2007, 01:15 AM
I'm glad someone else has bought some to try, I was looking at some the other night, but couldn't decide whether to get them or not.

RickT
04-05-2007, 01:21 AM
I will let youu know how i get on with them!

RickT

guyg
05-05-2007, 02:49 AM
How much did they cost?

Guy

Paul Jay
05-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Bought some 6 weeks ago from www.wiperblades.co.uk (http://www.wiperblades.co.uk) for £26 delivered (next day too). They are excellent - just the same as the aero wiper and much better than standard blades as they don't lift off the windscreen at speed.

Also, it's much cheaper than buying the aero wiper arms and blades!:approve:

HTH

Paul

s0niX
05-05-2007, 09:21 AM
got myn from Halfords, Never again... 3 months ive used them and there leaving water behind..

RickT
05-05-2007, 11:32 PM
I payed £16 including delivery from ebay..(as there were cheap i thought i would give them a go!)

- Below is the link to them..

There have not arrived as yet... ordered them on Wednesday... the user has sent me a mail to inform me that these have been dispacthed..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260112255842&rd=1&rd=1

one thing to add... dis-regard the year of Audi these are advertised for... the fitting is the same, its the lenght of -

1 X 21" DRIVER SIDE
1 X 21" PASSENGER SIDE - which you require for the B6 shape..

Once i get them i will drop a post with a review and let you all know the outcome..

RicKT

tony_anon
10-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Its time to change my wipers. Rick, any news on your Aero-types?

nickynibbles
10-05-2007, 08:05 PM
There are indeed different fittings so be careful folks! Looked last year when I first bought my '02 3.0 quattro. The Aero blades will only fit on later model B6's as Audi changed the wiper arm mounting to fit them. Earlier model B6's are stuck with either changing the wiper arm to the later spec (which isnt cheap!) or buying Audi originals (again not cheap but cheaper than new wiper arms!!). Had Camberley Auto Factors look into it for me & they came back saying that no one they used as suppliers made an aftermarket wiper blade for the earlier B6, which sucked! Before ordering from somewhere that isnt easy to get a refund from, suggest you take a trip to Halfords, buy a set of blades & see if they fit. If they do, go back in the shop for a refund & buy them somewhere cheaper. If they dont fit, go back in the shop for a refund & save up for a newer car so you can fit the Aero wiper blades to it!!!! Me, im sticking with Audi replacements, they cost a packet but how often do you plan on changing them?!

tony_anon
10-05-2007, 08:16 PM
A4 1.9TDI 2003. Is this a later B6 model? I'm guessing it is. So in theory I could replace the existing standard ones with the new Aero types bought from Audi or Halfords?

The manual says that the wiper blades should be changed twice a year.

RickT
10-05-2007, 10:34 PM
These kits come with fittings for the normal arms..

HOWEVER...

Mine have arrived... went to fit.. (FITS 85% of cars) The Audi A4 b6 must be in the 15% these wipers dont fit!!

I cant get them to attacth.. the clip is just too big for the A4 - B6.. have a look at a few mates cars and they will fit all of theirs.. but there not in the market for any..

So i have put them back on ebay!! bargin!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140116815290&rd=1&rd=1

I will be honest.. these looked great.. shame they didnt fit..

if you have the older arm types you should not have a problem..

I will buy some other ones and review!!

RickT

Fettler
10-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Just found this site guys?
http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/product_display.php
:approve: :approve:

need help
11-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi Nickynibbles i have just brought some orginal audi wiper blades (the ones halfords dont sell clip on blades) from ebay cost around £20 for the pair they fit and work a treat i will pass you the address if you want?

RickT
11-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Hi Nickynibbles i have just brought some orginal audi wiper blades (the ones halfords dont sell clip on blades) from ebay cost around £20 for the pair they fit and work a treat i will pass you the address if you want?

if you can post a link to the ebay seller on here i will have a look also..

(remember, any links to non-approved sellers are nothing to do with ww.vwaudiforum.co.uk (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk) and its buy at your own risk.)

RicKT

nickynibbles
11-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Please do post the source of the blades, would be handy to get original replacements cheaper as these are the only option really! As for the manual saying to change them every 6 months, at nearly £50 for a pair of complete blades do you blame them for saying that, £100 x number of Audi's per year is a shed load of cash!! Mine are nearly a year old and still no sign of smears so no plan to change them anytime soon!