PDA

View Full Version : A4 2.5 TDi Quattro Gearbox Nov 2003 model

Johnboyc
03-05-2007, 10:50 PM
A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport Avant ! 24k miles. Gearbox = 6 speed manual !

Query ,,,,when changing up from 1st to 2nd and sometimes from 2nd to 3rd I sometimes get a slight graunching noise from the gearbox. (can definately be heard if drivers window is down)
Other times the gear changes are OK...especially if I am not going that fast when changing up from 1st to 2nd.... not a lot of difference if the car is warm or cold it still does it.....

Is this normal Audi Gearbox behaviour ? Its going into Audi to have other work done next week...would like others opinions please !

Cheers

TonySutt
17-04-2008, 11:08 PM

Query ,,,,when changing up from 1st to 2nd and sometimes from 2nd to 3rd I sometimes get a slight graunching noise from the gearbox. (can definately be heard if drivers window is down)
Other times the gear changes are OK...especially if I am not going that fast when changing up from 1st to 2nd.... not a lot of difference if the car is warm or cold it still does it.....

Is this normal Audi Gearbox behaviour ? Its going into Audi to have other work done next week...would like others opinions please !

Cheers

I have exactly the same problem with an A4 2.0 TDI quattro (oct 07) with 6k miles. Took it into the dealer who road tested it and said they couldn't recreate the problem but did admit that the gears are a bit 'clunky' on these models. This may sound crazy but I have just noticed a big improvement (reduction in graunching noise) when the air conditioning is turned off! Still not happy with it and would be graetfull to hear from anybody else who has got the dealer to sort it out.

willster
19-04-2008, 07:54 PM

Cheers

i can notice a clunking noise when engaging first ,think its normal.