PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Starting problems- 96' A8 4.2 V8 - LPG

TeraAbba
19-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Hiya,

just brought my first AUDI. its been running sweet for the last two weeks. came out to start it today and no joy. Starter is ticking over but its just not starting.

gonna check the fuel line tomorrow to see if fuel is comming thru, after which im gonna check the plugs for spark..... hopefully this will find the most obvious problem, after which im lost.... it is lpg converted and i aint got a clue if that is contributing to the problem....

Does anyone have any advice or possible fixes for the above. i would be forever grateful....

ABS.....:aargh4:

TICKDOGG
20-11-2009, 11:29 PM
UPDATE -

The plugs are sparking, no fuel comming to the engine, fuel pump fuse is ok, fuel relay is ok, power is going to the fuel pump.

I think it is the fuel pump, a replacement is on order, im going to remove the fuel pump tomorrow and inspect it. Hopefully the new pump will fix the problem.....

HOWEVER, i would still appreciate some help if anyone has any suggestions. Thank you....

also i have a friend who has an audi breakers, parts are readily availible and at really good prices, gimme a shout if u need anything for ur audi.

a8 tech
20-11-2009, 11:30 PM
fuel pump is likely and common and a ******* to change
Bridge the secondary at the fuel pump relay and check activation of the pump against quantity