PDA

View Full Version : 2004 passat isofix preparation

bluebird73
19-11-2009, 10:39 PM
can anyone help me with advice on exactly what 'isofix preparation' means and what I will have to do to enable me to put an isofix child seat in my 2004 passat :-)

Hex69
20-11-2009, 11:03 AM
can anyone help me with advice on exactly what 'isofix preparation' means and what I will have to do to enable me to put an isofix child seat in my 2004 passat :-)

Been done before

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=33977&highlight=child+seat

bluebird73
21-11-2009, 01:46 AM
thanks so much, been really upset today as took the car to VW dealership for them to help me out but they told me that although my car should be isofix prep'd it isn't, that there is no such thing as a retrofit kit for the VW (although there is for an Audi) and then been told by VW head office that it must be a 'misbuild' and nothing they could do about it due to it's age (54 plate) - this is my first VW and only bought it because they're meant to be the champions of isofix but they're attitude is teflon tastic! (although the local dealership tried very hard to help me out) Feel like going out and pulling up the seats now to see if the holes etc are there (dont think they did this at the dealership) but it's a bit dark so better wait for the morning but your reply has meant I might actually get some sleep now and not keep worrying about wasting money I didn't really have to start with! :-)