PDA

View Full Version : Question this is a tricky one!!!

irishbrads
19-11-2009, 04:50 PM
car has just come out of the garage for the tensioner failing twive, from reading other threads it seems this may be the alternator pulley???

got the car back from the garage last night and straight away it didn't feel right, seemed to lack power but i put it down to the fact i was driving a different car that and it felt strange.

anyway driving to work today and it just felt like it lacked power, top speed was 80mph on a A4 130bhp Tdi!!!!

Had the guy from AA out and he ran a diagnostic on it, he said he was getting on air pressure on the manifold and he reckoned the sensor was gone. Then when i went to drive it the brakes seemed to stick and felt rock hard, he looked at it again an he reckoned the break servo was gone, know this is prob a long shot but anyone any ideas??

adding to this i suppose would the air pressure sensor on the manifold have any bearing at all on the brakes?

kenney
19-11-2009, 06:44 PM
I think maybe you have a vacuum leak on one of the vacuum hoses

irishbrads
19-11-2009, 06:48 PM
thanks kenny!!

how would i go about finding that and is it a big job to repair? would a leak in the vacuum hoses explain the lack of power and the breaks?

kenney
19-11-2009, 07:52 PM
yes most certainly,it all depends where the leak is,have a look at all the vacuum hoses,