PDA

View Full Version : Vento TDI judder

bangerman
19-11-2009, 02:37 PM
My M reg Vento 1.9 diesel TDI judders very badly as if it losing about one in 4 of it's power strokes. It idles OK though is very rattley and accelerates fine. But on part throttle, anything up to about 2.8K revs it judders very badly.

It gets slightly better after 10 miles but doesn't go away, though it is worse when cold.

I've only just bought the car so have no idea how long it's been stood. Could this just be diesel past it's sell by date or is there something more fundament at fault?

Any help would be greatfully received.

kite
19-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Has it been stood for a long time then ?
A service and a fault scan would help.

bangerman
19-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Hi Kite.

I'm not sure. I bought it from an auction. How much does a fault scan cost? I only paid 250 quid for it to get me through a few weekends to work on getting my Passat through an MOT. So spending any serious money isn't worth it. But I'd rather still have my fillings once I get my Passat back on the road.

Dave.

kite
19-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Might be goodto start with a fuelfilter change.
Have a look in the vagcom section for a member in your area willing to scan..

bangerman
19-11-2009, 10:02 PM
But surely if it was a fuel filter problem it would be even more apparant when accelerating, but it accelerates fine. I can drive everywhere fine at full throttle but that kind of ruins the point of buying a diesel.

I wonder if it might be a semi clogged injector. I'm guessing that under acceleration the fuel is under higher pressure but under partial throttle the fuel doesn't have enough pressure to make it past the blockage.

Either that or it is just bad fuel. It came with half a tank of diesel but I don't really want to fill the tank with fresh diesel because if it doesn't solve the problem I'll only keep the car for about 3 weeks and i'd never use it all up.

bangerman
24-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Well it would appear that my trouble stems from the break up of some mystical dual mass flywheel judging by a trawl round google. I have no idea what this means in reality but it sounds expensive and probably several times the value of the car. So I guess it's curtains for this particular Vento.

Cheers

Dave.

zollaf
24-11-2009, 11:18 PM
i dont think it will be as its too old to have one. pretty sure it is anyway.

bangerman
26-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Hi Zollaf.

Thanks for that reply, which could have a huge bearing on finding the problem. Anyone know for certain?

Cheers

Dave.