PDA

View Full Version : 1.9tdi GL Estate (1z) 1995 Vacuum Help

Defiance
18-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Hiya's,
I am slowly losing the will to live :1zhelp:

Got a decent passat 1.9tdi GL estate with the 1z engine in

I have sorted minor repairs/fixes, she idles fine and no smoke whether idling or with foot down (but read below)

Now i have all my silicon tubing to redo all the engine bay rubber tubing/piping

Problem is this ....................

I have joined different vw/audi etc foums in search of a definitive vacuum pipe layout for my engine

I have been searching for over a week approx 3hrs a night lol (hence losing will to live !) and only found other (mainly us/canada spec'ed engine layout/pipe pics etc)

Can someone point me to a comprehensive pic/schematic of the 1.9 tdi 1z pipework layout

I have replacing vacuum pipe inside the ecu and put ecu back and then from ecu i just replaced my 1st piece of rubber tubing that goes from ecu to nipple just after the maf (ait flow meter i usually call em or afm for short)

Reason i desperately need diagram/schem/pics/drawing is the turbo seems to die in 4th and 5th gear when trying to overtake or go up a gradiant

Also i found what i assume is a pipe missing from the air filter box to what i think is the N18 (think its N18, it's down by maf just upstream from air filter) (ohh i assume near the ecu on the firewall that's the N75 ?)

Well i put a piece of new tube from air filter box to what i think is the N18 (only thing that had a unused nipple on it)

Just don't want to start cutting new silicon up if the tubing i'm replacing has been messed around and i end up having too short a piece for certain parts

Sorry to waffle on but i'm quickly losing my mind searching and posting and not getting anywhere lol

Any input would be great

Many Thanks

Def

Defiance
18-11-2009, 07:23 PM
All sorted (i think)

I knew something wasn't right with the vacuum layout when i looked earlier

Seems someone before me had swapped 2 tubes around, mainly the ecu to inlet mainfold (intake pressured) and the Atmospheric pressure (filtered air) to the N75

Took her for a quick run

Besides a few initial slight hesitations she's running fine

Cheers

Def