PDA

View Full Version : Cup holders

wirralmark
17-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi all,
I've just got my 1st Phaeton and am so pleased with it. However, one of the cup-holders (driver's side) is not quite returning to the top (flush with console) and wondered if anyone had come across this before, and any hints or tips as to help me eradicate this problem. Hope someone can help.

Cheers

Mark

Fonthogger
18-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Hi all,
I've just got my 1st Phaeton and am so pleased with it. However, one of the cup-holders (driver's side) is not quite returning to the top (flush with console) and wondered if anyone had come across this before, and any hints or tips as to help me eradicate this problem. Hope someone can help.

Cheers

Mark
Hi Mark, cant help with cup holder but I,m on Wirral, so if you need to compare notes on anything dont hesitate to contact me
Ed

TSAY
03-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi all,

Cheers

Mark

It's mormally caused by spills or other detritus getting into the mechanism below and it becomes "sticky". Had this with the driver's holder on my '08.

If you want to know more on cleaning, then follow this link.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2460167#post27164598

Regards
Tim