PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Annoying rubbing sound

SKINNYSEAND
16-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Hello,

I drove from London to Nottingham on Saturday in the rain. About 50 miles out of Nottingham I started hearing a rubbing sound which I could feel in the steering. I stopped and checked if the wheel was bolted on properly (which it was). I also checked the front brake discs and found the one on the driver's side to be much hotter than the passenger side. I carried on to Nottingham. If I held the steering straight or turned right the sound would go away but when I turned slightly left the rubbing would return. By the way the wheel was not rubbing on anything, I checked. When I got to Nottingham and the car rested for a while the problem was gone as I drove around Nottingham in the night without a problem. On the way back to London the problem returned after covering a few miles well. Today after driving around locally I still have not heard or felt the rubbing. Has anyone ever had this problem? Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Could it be the pads that need changing? They are not new. :confused:

Skinnyseand

hotdog73
17-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Hi,

would think is was a faulty caliper not working properly maybe seized.