PDA

View Full Version : faulty wipers and a clunk

inertia
03-05-2007, 08:52 AM
I have a 2003 A4 3.0 (V6 petrol) Quattro Sport.

over the last few weks ive noticed my wipers haev been moving slower than normal sometimes, otehr times they have been fine.

Yesterday it got the worst its ever booe, they couldnt even complete a cycle witout me turning off the ignition and back on for them to try again, they move very slowly and stick at various places, i have to turn my ignition switch on and off several tiomes to get them back to their resting position.

Last night i sprayed the joints and as far as i could see (it was dark) the mech under the bulkhead with wd40, this hasnt resolved the problem.

Whilst i was doing this i had to turn my ignition switch on and off lots of times (not stating the engine) so that I could move them and get them back down. I discovered that when i turn the switch to the position where the dash lights up, after about 1 second there is a clunk sound from the bulkhead (firewall) area, this is regardless of weather the wipers are trying to move or not so im not sure if its related. it only clunks once each time i do it, I dont ahve any engine / running / starting problems.

Can anyone shed any light please ?

Ive been loving the car for months now, this is the first trouble ive had with it.

Thanks

wickerman
29-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Had the exact same issue on my A6. This seems quite a common issue. An hours labour from your local independant should do the trick. They have to remove the wiper assembly and stip down to clean it all. Theirs a a tech article on AudiWorld on how to do it. Was not rated hard to do, but I managed to snap aluminium bar trying to remove it getting fustrated ! Should of put it in to begin with.:approve:

dub love
29-05-2007, 06:57 PM
shout out to the Wicker

:beerchug:

(Shuffle records)

shaunfaetilly
17-06-2007, 03:02 PM
my wipes are also very slow and comming to a halt at various places.
how much££££££££££ to get them overhalled.

had both arm off and also plastic trim. abit fiddly to get the assembly out so thought might as well let someone else have the hassle!!!
thats if its not to expensive.:zx11:

Jose
25-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Hi guys!!

Here it's the DIY... actually I as doing this yesterday but because one of the ends from the linkage, is in bad shape, I got to buy a new one.

Cheers, Jose.