PDA

View Full Version : 2.5tdi loss of power

mopster
02-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Hi I have a 2002 2.5tdi transporter which suddenly started losing power would'nt rev past 3000 and that took a lifetime. I have replaced maff which has improved low end performance but still drops off at 2500 - 3000 revs. It has had a recent cambelt and fuel pump timing belt also ecu has been checked. Any help with where to go next would be much appreciated.

scoobystu
03-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Can you hear the turbo when you are driving?

mopster
03-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Yes turbo sounds ok

lyndail
13-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi,
Your problem sounds similar to a problem we had with our transporter. The van would not accelerate and power could not be transmitted. We were told by VW that a transmission overhaul was required to fix the problem (at a huge cost of cause). An initial testing of the temperature sensor revealed a fault, but on retesting, no fault was recorded, so they didn't do this. They did however change the temperature sensor after the problem remained, but advised a complete overhaul of our vehicle transmission. The temperature sensor however fixed all problems. We had no further problem with loss of power or "faulty transmission." It sounds totally unrelated, but the problem was fixed. Hopefully your vehicle will be as easy to fix as this.

patj
26-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Hi there

sounds like what happened to mine - it just wouldn't do more than about 65 empty and took its time to get there. could hear the turbo fine. The garage said it might be the mass flow meter, but that it was a funny fault as it didn't show up on the machine. anyway it was intermittant, and hasent occured since - so i didnt change it.

However, the garage left it disconnected once after a service (air filter change) which produced the same symptoms - i looked around found the wire plugged it in hey presto its fine again

hope this helps