PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Audi Ownership !!!!!

Johnboyc
02-05-2007, 08:55 PM
OK...purchased a Nov 2003 Audi 2.5TDi Quattro Sport with 24K on the clock....from an Audi Main Dealer 2 weeks ago (Mid April 2007).

So far the Headlight Washers don't work (found out after 2 days of ownership). The local Audi Dealer says I need a new headlamp washer pump at approx £240 fitted which they could not repair as they have to order the pump from Audi, and then driving home from this crap experience (sorry I dont believe they could not have sourced one from another Audi Dealer), pulled over switched off engine, went into shop for 5 minutes, came out started car only to find airbag warning light is stuck on....

Having moved from a '1999 BMW 328 Sport with 99,000 on the clock to a car which is significantly more economical/younger, i never experienced a single electrical failure in the old BMW in 3 years of ownership........and after 2 weeks I am yet to be impressed by Audi Dealers - i.e.the one that sold it to me (having not checked that everything worked before passing it to me, and the 2nd that cannot repair it without me having to visit a 2nd time)........

All I can say is thank god I have got a an Audi Warranty.....and I hope this unreliability is not a sign of things to come........

skymaster
03-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Any car, be it BMW, Audi, VW or Merc can be prone to the odd fault. Some more than other and some a lot more than others. You have a warranty so the main issue here will be your wasted time going to and from the dealers. It's a pain I know. If you have to take it back once a week for the first month make sure they wash it each time and it saves you doing it! At least then you get something positive out of it!

Seriously though, I dont drive an Audi for it's reliability. If I wanted that I would buy a Honda but that has the trade off of being very dull and very boring. Try and enjoy the car and the fact you get all these issues sorted F.O.C.

MalcQV
03-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Sorry to hear your woes John.

I came from [boring]Hondas and Mazda ownership. So far I probably won't be buying another VW. That said on the whole the car is good, it has a good stereo and nice blue lights on the dashboard at night :p

I did not buy a Honda Accord because an 03 was a little more than I had to spend. I had a 96 Accord previous to the Pasty.

I too have a warranty for a year which ends in September. The car has let me down once already with a failed water pump. Fortunately I limped home and had it towed to a VW dealer who fixed it promptly and suggested I pay a small amount and have the cambelt done as it was getting close. VW Bolton get a:beerchug: from me.

The only other car to let me down like that was a 1989 Renault 19.

Things are going to get better though I am sure :o

nickynibbles
03-05-2007, 04:33 PM
I think you'll find once your little niggles are sorted that Audi's are inherantly reliable cars. If you look at the threads on here regarding issues 80% will be about aircon re-gassing or faulty sensor giving an ECU warning light! The warranty is running out on my '02 3.0 Quattro Sport this weekend and so far i've had a new battery & the main 2 cats replaced, which incidently gave me an ECU warning light!! Poor show on the dealer for not fixing the niggles in the first place though, once they're done you'll be loving it!

skymaster
03-05-2007, 04:40 PM
My Old V5 Golf had the following parts replaced while I owned it over 4 years.

Rear Axle beam Bushes
Air mass meter
Temperature sender
Alarm sensor
Front wishbone arms
Anti roll bar bushes
Battery
Exhaust Mid box
Wiper mechanism
Engine mount bush
Radiator started leaking just before I PX'd it in.
Clutch pedal

Seems a lot but I would still buy it if I had my time again. It was nice car and I really loved it. I drove the nuts off it so expected to have to shell out for some stuff. Still have fond memories of it even now.