PDA

View Full Version : RCD510 info please

alistairr
13-11-2009, 06:21 PM
I have had my black CC 140 TDi on order now fro what feels like one hundred years. The delivery date has just been moved back from the 27/11 to 3/12 ahhhhhh:zx11:.

In order to keep myself happy I spend my spare time looking at photos and video’s of the cc and wishing that I had mine. I can’t however find out much about the RCD510 so I was hoping that you kind CC owners could enlighten me. My Q’s are as follows:

1) When the climate control is operated, do you get a visual display of what you have done on screen?

2) Dose the traffic pre record and play back on demand? If so is this standard or do you need a hard disk?

3) I have got the phone that slides out of the dashboard, are Phone call’s visually represented i.e. caller id etc or is that on the display by the spedo?

4) and finally: I ordered a 32gb class 6 sdhc card and would love some reassurance that it will work when I get the car as it cost £40

Thanks in advance. Photos appreciated.
:Blush2:

alistairr
13-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Just thought of something else… Is there a power socket under the slidie thing in between the two rear seats?:confused:

fatgattaca
14-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Quick answers

1. Yes - whatever instruction you input to the climate control ( temp up or down, fan speed altered ETC) it will present in a window for about 4 seconds then fade out

2. The traffic reports store for previous 2 hours - just press TIM button on the display and it will come onscreen, I am sure this is standard. IN really bad Jams it is abit annoying but fantastically usefull when starting a long journey.

3. I also have Prem phone kit and I am sure the called ID is in the driver console near the speedo. Cannot confirm 100% because I cannot get my phone (blackberry flip) to sync. Happy to update you when I fix it or get a new phone.

4. I am using an 8GB card and I have to say it is possibly the best update for any car stereo anyone could have. All song and artist info displayed in both screens ( dash and driver), no need to recharge an MP3 player and super quick to shuttle tracks. Cannot vouch for 32gb card, sorry.

There is a power socket ( cigar light type) in the rear but NOT in the sliding compartment. It is in between the rear vents at the back of the front seat armrest.

Hope this helps, post any other questions and I will answer if I can. I will try and do some phots for you , but I will probably forget!!

Enjoy your CC, they really are very cool!!!

alistairr
14-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Thank you so much for your quick response. I am delirious with excitement about getting my car really can’t wait. Regarding the phone… my dealer advised me about the limited connectivity and sent me the following list of fully compatible phones. Other phones could work but wit varying degrees of success.

The list is:

Nokia: 3109c, 3110c, 5310xm, 6021, 6151, 6230, 6230i, 6233, 6234, 6300, 6500c, 6500s, 6810, 6820, 6822, E50, E61, E61i, E90, 8800, 9300, 9500, n78,
N82

Siemens: SK65, S68, S65, S75, SP65

Thanks again,
Alistairr

alistairr
14-11-2009, 02:55 PM
I've picked up a nokia E61i in anticipation.

P Gunter
03-12-2009, 01:18 AM
One thing to remember is that the music files must be .mp3 format and that if you copy from itunes your files maybe .acc or mp4a which will not play ok. You can get some very good free file converters if you look on google. Also the file format on your card should be fat32 so do not reformat.

I use an 8GB with a lot of music on and the sound system is great.

Hope the above helps.
:Blush:

alistairr
05-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Delayed again….. ahhh still no car. I have gone and bought an SDHC Class 6 card 32 gb in anticipation of the grand arrival. I have loaded it with everything from abba to zz top taking up 15.5Gb. Any idea if it will work? Thanks for the tip on aac and m4a

Alistair

gamichea
05-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Maybe you'll be lucky soon. My CC GT built 18 Nov., called off by dealer 23 Nov. 2 Dec dealer tells me "there is a boat coming over Friday". Emden to Grimsby probably no more than 12 hours so it should be in Grimsby aboard or dockside by now. Dealer expecting it early next week; he's only 60-65 miles from Grimsby. Hopefully yours is on the same boat.

Leigh_Shrimper
05-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Maybe you'll be lucky soon. My CC GT built 18 Nov., called off by dealer 23 Nov. 2 Dec dealer tells me "there is a boat coming over Friday". Emden to Grimsby probably no more than 12 hours so it should be in Grimsby aboard or dockside by now. Dealer expecting it early next week; he's only 60-65 miles from Grimsby. Hopefully yours is on the same boat.

Mine probably on the same boat as well.

Have been told it will be with the dealer on the 10th Dec (original date 3rd Dec). I don't even know where the dealer is, so it will be a few days before they can deliver it to me.

alistairr
07-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Mine too should be with the dealer on the 10th :biglaugh: (they say) :(.

Hopefully I’ll get my hands on it before the weekend (wishful thinking I know). Because of the delay the dealership have given me an A4 to cruse about in and the 32Gb card works in there so I have high hopes for the CC

Leigh_Shrimper
07-12-2009, 11:25 PM

Any news from your dealer? Was it on the boat?

No news from my lease company. I'm not convinced that it will be with the dealer on the 10th.

gamichea
09-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Any news from your dealer? Was it on the boat?

No news from my lease company. I'm not convinced that it will be with the dealer on the 10th.

No update. Dealer is keen to have it for December reg.so he'll not be sitting on his hands. He'll call me as soon as its available for inspection so we can deal with all the paperwork. There's a reg.transfer involved so it won't be instant.

gamichea
11-12-2009, 06:28 PM
No update. Dealer is keen to have it for December reg.so he'll not be sitting on his hands. He'll call me as soon as its available for inspection so we can deal with all the paperwork. There's a reg.transfer involved so it won't be instant.

Update for those of you still waiting . My car not embarked at Emden until 7/12, arrived Grimsby 10/12 and estimated delivery to dealer 16/12. I've personally seen all this info.from VW's systems on the screen at the dealer this afternoon so its kosher.

Based on the standard of service routinely received from the local DVLA, my dealer reckons I should just about take delivery before Christmas. As long as I get it at 15% VAT I'll be happy. There's also also a 2.5% price hike from VW 1/1/2010, I'm told.

gamichea
17-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Update for those of you still waiting . My car not embarked at Emden until 7/12, arrived Grimsby 10/12 and estimated delivery to dealer 16/12. I've personally seen all this info.from VW's systems on the screen at the dealer this afternoon so its kosher.

Based on the standard of service routinely received from the local DVLA, my dealer reckons I should just about take delivery before Christmas. As long as I get it at 15% VAT I'll be happy. There's also also a 2.5% price hike from VW 1/1/2010, I'm told.

Further update. Car arrived at dealer 17/12 "after a lot of hassling for it". I take delivery 23/12 but on a standard plate because the only machine VW UK have to print the V55 the dealer needs to get the plate transfer done "broke down at least a week ago and is not expected to be fixed until well into January" Can you believe it? I'm guessing this machine is actually DVLA property just as the kit used by testers to administer MOT testing and print MOTs is VOSA property and the only kit permitted for that purpose.

Seems VW's delivery chain is in a mess. Not only has it taken more than four weeks for my car to reach the dealer despite being built at Emden which is probably less than 200 miles from the dealer as the crow flies, dealer has eight cars due for delivery in 2009 that are still sitting on the dockside at Emden where they are likely to remain until the new year. Impressive it ain't.