PDA

View Full Version : modern warfare 2

The Fingers
11-11-2009, 06:19 PM
anyone hooked yet????????????:rocketwho

tlionhart
11-11-2009, 07:44 PM
lol yes! I love this game. Got it on ps3 at midnight on the day of launch.

Infact the servers are down at the moment, which is disappointing because i had the day off and im going to be away over the next few days.

First thing people did, as i know when they got this game is go online!! :biglaugh:
Overall very good game and on top of that, i did play the campaign (story mode) of the game and that is really impressive!! Definitely the best game in the series. I was also lucky to get it for £8.50 because i traded the old call of duty: modern warfare. (game store promotion, you get it for half price) on top of that i had a huge amount of points/credits on a gift card from previous trade-ins which i forgot about.

im tlionhart if you got a ps3.

elvismiggell
16-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Yup yup. Got it last week when we happened to be on holiday. (Before you ask, we'd already booked to go to a B&B for a few nights before it was announced, I didn't get it until Thursday!)

Anyway, excuses aside.

Sat down and played it through on Veteran. First time I've managed/been stubborn enough to do that. Very rewarding. The plot is pretty good, though, as with all action films and games it has it's holes. The gameplay is good, but fiendishly difficult in places for someone of my relatively modest skill.

Online is great. Can't wait to get the Bling perk so I can have an RPD with a Silencer and Heartbeat Sensor! Seriously good fun.

Shame about the lack of party chat though :(

zollaf
16-11-2009, 03:44 PM
SHMBO got it from morrisons for £25.00 on wednesday, completed it last night.

CJW-Innit
16-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Ive got it and its class but online is a disappointment compared to MW1 the maps online are poor compared to the first one i hope a map pack is released with all of the old maps on it. Its almost a failure of its own success the first one was sooooo good it is hard for the second one to live up to the hype.

elvismiggell
16-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Ive got it and its class but online is a disappointment compared to MW1 the maps online are poor compared to the first one i hope a map pack is released with all of the old maps on it. Its almost a failure of its own success the first one was sooooo good it is hard for the second one to live up to the hype.

Yes I must admit I'm not terribly gone on the maps themselves. Still fun though!

CJW-Innit
16-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Yer it is still good i love using Dual Glocks ha

Talisman
17-11-2009, 12:26 PM
flatly refuse to buy yhtis due to no dedicated servers for pc gamers

CJW-Innit
17-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Oh get a grip mate forget that its a class game dedicated servers or not its amazing. What else FPS wise is there to play some PC people need to forget Counter Strike and move onto a good game.

sooty
17-11-2009, 06:39 PM
I got it on the PS3 from Sainsburys for £26... Completed it already on easy (I aint played a shoot em up for years)... Dunno if I can be bothered to do it again on harder!

Add me for a gorup thing: sooty_uk

elvismiggell
18-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Got hit by an EMP blast in multiplayer last night, was awesome!

Haven't seen the nuke yet though.

I'm nearly done unlocking everything for my RPD, just need another 20 penetration kills with FMJ. Eventually I'm aiming for a class with the RPD, Bling with a silencer and heartbeat sensor, the Chameleon perk, and possibly Ninja or the Radar Jammer one.

Played with a big group of mates last night and it was really good fun. We managed to come across a group who didn't smack talk and had a right laugh.

onemanparty
27-11-2009, 12:21 PM
I have not played on-line yet but just completed on Veteran - What a Game recommend to all