PDA

View Full Version : Help with after market parking sensor!

Aaftab
10-11-2009, 10:20 PM
I have dolphin parking sensors fitted. When i select reverse i get a continous bleep! I took the sensors out of the bumper and cleaned and dryed them but to no effect. I rang the website i got them from and they said its likely one of the sensors is faulty and they will send one out to me free of charge. But i need to find out which is faulty, in order to do this i need to disconnect the sensor from the brain. But i dont know where the brain would be located!

Those of you that have fitted aftermarket parking sensors where have you hidden the brain? What location is the most likely place? And what do i need to do ie how to take the car apart.

martin1810
11-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Does the brain not do the beep. Try behind side boot trim, that's where I use to hide it. Depending on lead length it could be under the dash or the seats. Follow the beep.

danski
11-11-2009, 03:22 PM
When I fitted them to my B5, I put the `brain` in the compartment at the side, in the boot, then ran the wiring for the display/beep unit to the dash.

Prolly best way to find the brain is get under the car, find the wires from the sensors and follow them. If its like mine was, each will have little plugs that go into a black box (the brain)...then pull at will :D

downiej
11-11-2009, 05:16 PM
You can pull the sensor out of the bumper (its just held in by friction against rubber). The sensor can then be unscrewed from the cable that goes to the brain (you don't need to find the brain). You could pull them all out, disconnect them all then add them back in one at a time. That's how my Dolphin sensors were setup.