PDA

View Full Version : I think my CC is making it's own fuel!

fatgattaca
10-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Wanted to share some photos taken on a very normal journey home from work.

I have been impressed by many things on my CC ( Ace stereo with SD Card, cool sunroof, quiet and comfortable at speed and good gearchange) but nothing has astonished me like the fuel consumption.

The car is a 140 tdi manual and the journey was about 48 miles mostly motorway using cruise alternating between 65 & 70 mph. The cruise function is very good, one tap increases or decreases by 5mph increment, feels like driving an auto!

adding the trip ( zeroed on refuel) and the range together would mean 873 miles on one tank.

Shadow CC
10-11-2009, 05:38 PM
mmm, looks like you've stolen my car as I'm on similar mileage doing similar journey up and down the M3. I can't get to 70mpg, but that's mainly because I can't bring myself to drive that slowly, but I do get an easy 54mpg at 80mph+ so could well believe if I went at 65 i'd be on 70 mpg. Makes the Prius look a waste of time and build energy eh?

Shadow CC

fatgattaca
10-11-2009, 07:20 PM
A lad who works for me has just bought a Prius ( ! ) so I will compare and contrast.

gamichea
11-11-2009, 09:23 AM
The cruise function is very good, one tap increases or decreases by 5mph increment, feels like driving an auto!

If you want even finer control resume doubles as +1mph and set as -1mph; at least it does on my 06 Passat Sport.