PDA

View Full Version : Passat abs light

Foghorny
02-05-2007, 08:45 AM
i have a 130bhp passat and have just replaced the front disks and pads, all seemed well. Until i came to start it the following day and the ABS and ESP lights come on and stay on. the only thing i disconnected was the brake sensors on the pads, so a bit confused. Can anyone help please..

blocko
08-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Did you reconnect all ABS wires on the caliper? May be worth plugging it into a VAG diagnostic machine to pin-point the fault.

Foghorny
08-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the help. took it to a garage today, and found that there was a dodgey connection on the road speed sensor.. looks like i it was dislodged while disconnecting the brake pad sensor..Costly exercise..

Lex Luthor
08-05-2007, 01:44 PM
With a relatively small investment in VAGCOM you could have diagnosed and fixed this yourself......

pjwillia69
12-07-2007, 11:41 PM
i had this problem with my 2001 estate, after much head scratching i noticed that the brake lights were not on whilst i had light pressure on the brake pedal, the problem turned out to be a badly adjusted brake light switch - directly under the pedal. simply remove the cover from under the steering wheel (handful of screws), pull the plug off the switch and turn the switch along its screw thread so that the plunger in the switch starts to move when the pedal is pressed, reconnect and test, the lights should come on when light pressure is applied to the pedal, no problems with mine since.
good luck,
pj

stuk2000
13-07-2007, 06:29 AM
My ABS light is on, when connected to the VAGCOM tool its says no communication???

Lex Luthor
13-07-2007, 09:06 AM
My ABS light is on, when connected to the VAGCOM tool its says no communication???

The ABS ECU has failed.
Refurbed electronic modules are available for around the £200 mark.
Search this forum as it has come up several times recently.