PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer does not change

Wanderer
01-05-2007, 09:16 PM
My 6 CD changer stopped changing CDs (and tracks) a little while ago. Other than this, it works fine. Can anyone recommend a good repair shop in London?

Froggy
03-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Try either Soundbytes in Lewisham, S K Radio in Hillingdon, Mastertech in Walthamstow, Northolt car radio (In Northolt bizarrely), or Car Audio Technics in Brentwood depending which end of the smoke is nearest to you.

whitegoods
21-06-2007, 10:13 AM
my 6 cd changer has also stopped playing CDs. I spoke to local car audio repair shops but they say it probably needs a new laser and they cant fix it because its VW and they wont be able to get the parts. VW aren't interested they just say buy another one :zx11: . Has anyone managed to get one repaired?

ini
21-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Mine occasionally has this problem and displays an error message.

:D I find that giving it a good whack cures the problem.

If it is a stuck disc, there is a slot or hole for manually ejecting the disc.

whitegoods
21-06-2007, 04:58 PM
its not a stuck disk, it just doesnt play them. It tries to play the disk but gives up and says CD error then it tries the next disk...it used to eventually play something but now it plays nothing at all. you can hear the CDs changing and spinning so it seems to be the optical and yes, i have tried cleaning it!

Froggy
21-06-2007, 05:10 PM
its not a stuck disk, it just doesnt play them.

Is this a boot mounted unit or the in dash/ centre arm rest unit?

If it's the Panasonic boot mounted unit we can fix them. It may be a laser or spindle motor, (or both if you're unlucky) we can fix it, see the address details in the link in the signature. Ask us to do you an estimate.

whitegoods
22-06-2007, 09:18 AM
its in dash...