PDA

View Full Version : A5- Model Guides

blacksline
08-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Hiya,

I am currently doing a bit of research as to what car to get next, and the A5 is in my shortlist of potentials. im looking to spend 22-23k at tops.

Im not too sure how the model range in a5 goes. I know theres a base model, a sport and a S-Line. I know in the other audi model ranges, the s-line model is the one to go for. in the a5 range, i dont think i can find that much difference between the sport and s line in terms of the body work.

can someone please clear this up for me.

tlionhart
09-11-2009, 07:01 PM
The best trim to go for in the A5 range is the sport. Because it is more comfortable and the suspension isn't as hard.
However the sline is what i would personally go for, considering a new A5 can be ordered as the 'sline special edition'. You get the S-line trim/style, Y spoke alloys, bluetooth and B&O sound system all for £440 on top of the sline price. (bout £29k)

If your looking to spend £22/23k tops, i presume this is going to in the used market?
From experience there isn't much out there on the A5 for this price. Only once now and then something crops up.

In my opinion and from experience of looking for an A5 with a similar budget, it's going to be a 1.8 or a 2.0 with nothing on it. It really is pointless having a car with very little spec for that kind of money. Thats why i brought a fully loaded sline A3.

Ideal A5 to go for is one with the xenon+LED running lights, which really makes up most of this cars beauty. You will most likely have to stretch your budget to £25k to find a car with some toys on it. 1.8's arnt usually spec'ed up, so you will be lucky to find one that is.

Most people go for the A5 because of the LED lights. The Sline gets this as standard, whereas the sport you pay £1000 to have them.

The other trims available are;

SE/Standard. Very basic cars. In my opinion, id rather buy an A4 for that price. As you'll get a new Sline A4 for £23k, which seems more of 'car' over a basic model.

In terms of body work on the Sline over the sport, there really isn't any.
I'll highlight what you get on the sline that you DONT get on the sport;

-xenon+front and rear break LED lights
-bottom diffuser (where the exhaust is)
-car is lowered, by 10mm i think.
-nicer alloys, although the sline pack offers the limited edition, as mentioned. The y spoke look the best in my opinion
-chrome exhaust
-Sline decor, like s-line door seals, steering wheel badges.
-platinum bumper blade.

If i was buying a new A5, def the Sline. Some people would argue over the sport though, because of the ride quality. However, if your not too fussed and would rather have design and 'as standard' then the sline is the one.

Like i said, £23k is pushing it...is this on a PCP? Your not going to get much car for that money, certainly not an S-line. :(

mactrack
16-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Just for clarification you do not have to have the firmer suspension on the S line A5 in fact it comes with exactly the same suspension as the Sport trim but you can opt for the extra 10mm drop at no extra cost.

blacksline
27-01-2010, 07:11 PM
sorry all, its been a while since i returned to site.
had some private business to take care of. thanks for all who have replied.

im still looking for a a5, that budget is for a 2nd hand model.
although im also toying with the idea of a 2nd hand 911 now.
decisions decisions.

does anyone know if the black styling pack can be bought separately, as most 2nd hand a5s i've seen come with the bog standard grille.

mactrack
27-01-2010, 09:45 PM
The black styling pack was introduced as part of the 2010MY updates so will only appear on cars registered from late June/July 2009 onwards. I'm sure you can get the parts but frankly IMHO the labour cost, unless you can do-it-yourself, will be exorbitant.

blacksline
29-01-2010, 10:52 PM
The black styling pack was introduced as part of the 2010MY updates so will only appear on cars registered from late June/July 2009 onwards. I'm sure you can get the parts but frankly IMHO the labour cost, unless you can do-it-yourself, will be exorbitant.

thnks mac.

kite
29-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Just to jump in.....
I've been looking at A5's also,in fact I have my eye on one.....
I specc'ed a caron the Audi config.it seems that if I choose a Sport that the sport front
seats are an option ????
Is this true.....

mactrack
29-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Just to jump in.....
I've been looking at A5's also,in fact I have my eye on one.....
I specc'ed a caron the Audi config.it seems that if I choose a Sport that the sport front
seats are an option ????
Is this true.....

Not unsurprisingly the Sport does get Sport seats as standard. The configurator is well known to have discrepancies.

kite
29-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Ah.... seemed strange that it brought up sport seats as an option.....
Now just got to get the dealer to drop the price a bit......