PDA

View Full Version : S8 refuses to start

Daedalus1
08-11-2009, 05:11 PM
My S8 refuses to start!

It cranks over OK but not even a hint of wanting to start. On my way home last night it ran beautifully, smooth, silent, fast, as best as it ever has which usually means there is an imminent issue with it. Come out this morning and nothing. It has an LPG conversion on it so it stopped on LPG last night. I have tried to VAGCom it but I cannot establish communication with the ECU (not good). I thought it may be the fuel relay but that it is not where it is supposed to be according to the manual which is in the fuse compartment in the RH footwell, there are no relays at all in that compartment. It is listed as R17 but I cannot find that in the LH footwell relay panel either.

Do any of you fine gentlemen and ladies have any idea on what could be wrong? Someone usually has a good pointer.

Thanks

Daedalus

kenney
08-11-2009, 05:38 PM
what is the engine code?

a8 tech
08-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Check the ecu in the nsf plenith chamber for water ingress.
The fuel pumps also fail so disconnect the fuel line and crank the engine whilst observing fuel quantity, but as there is no comm's with address 01 firstly go to the engine ecu and check 30,31 and 15 inputs.
A8 elsa descriptions are for left hand drive so in most cases locations are incorrect

Daedalus1
08-11-2009, 08:40 PM
what is the engine code?

Its the AHC engine. 32 valve.

kenney
08-11-2009, 09:51 PM
I fancy i would start first with the power supply relay for the ECU,and check it.it is located in the electronics box in the plenum chamber.Send your e-mail address and i will send the info,how to check it.Do you have an auto gearbox if so ,see if you can access the gearbox and the ABS control units.

Daedalus1
08-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Kenny thanks for the quick replies. Not too sure I want to post my email on line is there any way to do it privately on the forum?

Daedalus