PDA

View Full Version : Fabia Factory alarm

MR_TOAD
01-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Any one know how to disable factory alarm on 2000 model if so please PM me rather than on here

Cheers Guys Ian

devonutopia
01-05-2007, 09:46 PM
I don't really know. It would be easy enough to pull the connector out the actual siren making device, which I believe is located behind the nearside rear wheel arch liner.

Of course, the alarm itself would still trigger, but it would just flash it's hazards, not actually make a racket. I think if you lock the car with the ignition key, not the remote, it just "locks it" but I could be wrong.

MR_TOAD
02-05-2007, 04:47 PM
I don't really know. It would be easy enough to pull the connector out the actual siren making device, which I believe is located behind the nearside rear wheel arch liner.

Of course, the alarm itself would still trigger, but it would just flash it's hazards, not actually make a racket. I think if you lock the car with the ignition key, not the remote, it just "locks it" but I could be wrong.

Hi mate its not that easy the key sets alarm as well
I got called out by a garage re this fault remotes would not lock/unlock car but key would so alarm set but you can only disarm thro ignition barrel:aargh4:
so i fitted remote locking unit to door switch so this will not turn alarm on
but any VW remote key will set alarm
:1zhelp: garage has had control box in to dealers but no fault is found
even with vag computer when it gets to cdl it crashes

Ian

devonutopia
02-05-2007, 07:09 PM
but you can only disarm thro ignition barrel:aargh4:

Welcome to my world. Long story, but I have to do this. I'll get it sorted eventually. Have a vRS convenience ECU to put in my car soon.