PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 (B7) Lowering

sooty
08-11-2009, 02:22 AM
Hi guys & gals,

I have just had 19" Alloys installed on my B7 and its looking good however I was thinking of also lowering the car just a touch just for the looks.

I had NO CLOSE what so ever when it comes to lowering or suspension... My local shop told me that PI are a good make, they should lower the car nicely by about 30mm and retain the comfort also. I have have been quoted £190 for all 4 springs excluding the fitting.
Is this a good price?
Are PI any good?
Also there are loads of stuff on eBay... Are any of these any good?

Cheers for your help in advance
:beerchug:

Captain Answer
09-11-2009, 09:00 PM
PI aren't a name I've ever seen or heard before which leads me to err on the side of caution before splashing triple figures on some suspension.

Are your local shop known and reputible to yourself or are they just local?

Ideally I'd get someone to recommend you a set who's done this before, then get the spanners out and fit it up yourself :) then pop it somewhere local who can do a proper 4 wheel allignment of castor, camber, track and toe

sooty
10-11-2009, 05:39 AM
PI aren't a name I've ever seen or heard before which leads me to err on the side of caution before splashing triple figures on some suspension.

Are your local shop known and reputible to yourself or are they just local?

Ideally I'd get someone to recommend you a set who's done this before, then get the spanners out and fit it up yourself :) then pop it somewhere local who can do a proper 4 wheel allignment of castor, camber, track and toe

I have seen PI a lot in Max Power but that says it all... I want something half decent and I'm only changing the springs.

I wish I could do it myself I would save a bit of money but I aint too sure about DIY on a car!

Once it's all sorted I'll pop it down to The TT Shop to get the allignment ETC sorted out as they are only around the corner.

http://www.thettshop.com/4_wheel_laser_alignment.asp

Captain Answer
10-11-2009, 06:12 PM
The TT Shop

They've got a nice seup there, similar to where I've gone in the past. Are they the same folks who recommended you the PI setup?

sooty
10-11-2009, 06:56 PM
They've got a nice seup there, similar to where I've gone in the past. Are they the same folks who recommended you the PI setup?

No it was somewhere else but I have just checked their website and they are doing Eibach for a better price!

http://www.ttsroadsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&catalog=103306H01

Might have to pay them a visit... I have seen mixed reviews about Eibach... Again I only want to really lower it for the looks

Captain Answer
10-11-2009, 08:17 PM
No it was somewhere else but I have just checked their website and they are doing Eibach for a better price!

http://www.ttsroadsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&catalog=103306H01

Might have to pay them a visit... I have seen mixed reviews about Eibach... Again I only want to really lower it for the looks

You'll soon notice and kick yourself if you ruin the ride though ;)

sooty
25-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Right I got some PI's for £115 cash no questions asked kind of job.

Having them fitted next week at a local garage so I'll let u know if they are any good or if I am going to kick myself!