PDA

View Full Version : Question Golf Plus

iammaxiboy
07-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Anyone got any ideas why I am unable to get a decent TRADE-IN price for my Oct 2008 Golf Plus 1.4 SE TSI with 9000 miles on the clock. I have been looking at Vauxhall Zafira's (Yes I know) and when dealers contact their local VW dealers, non have any interest in the car. This happens with local dealers and some up to 100 miles away. Is there a problem with the Plus that dealers know about or is it just the wrong time to change. Thanks for any help.

CharlesCourtney
07-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Anyone got any ideas why I am unable to get a decent TRADE-IN price for my Oct 2008 Golf Plus 1.4 SE TSI with 9000 miles on the clock. I have been looking at Vauxhall Zafira's (Yes I know) and when dealers contact their local VW dealers, non have any interest in the car. This happens with local dealers and some up to 100 miles away. Is there a problem with the Plus that dealers know about or is it just the wrong time to change. Thanks for any help.

Think it may just be the wrong time - with the £2k cash for bangers deal - can't suspect there is much call for a 13 month old car, have you tried to sell it via a small add/ internet add ?

iammaxiboy
08-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Think it may just be the wrong time - with the £2k cash for bangers deal - can't suspect there is much call for a 13 month old car, have you tried to sell it via a small add/ internet add ?
Thanks, wondered if there was a problem with the Plus TSI that dealers new about.

hethmar
09-11-2009, 12:39 AM
Thats probably the reason. We got £3200 off for scrappage on our new Plus and another £1600 off through a broker. I guess the dealers cant compete on that. Its cheaper to get a new one with scrappage than a second hand one, which we found.

iammaxiboy
09-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Thats probably the reason. We got £3200 off for scrappage on our new Plus and another £1600 off through a broker. I guess the dealers cant compete on that. Its cheaper to get a new one with scrappage than a second hand one, which we found.

Thanks for reply, will just have to keep the car for now but unfortunately really need a bigger one.

hethmar
09-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Im guessing there was interest from the dealers but not at the price you wanted or felt reasonable? Why dont you advertise it privately as the other poster said?

iammaxiboy
09-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Im guessing there was interest from the dealers but not at the price you wanted or felt reasonable? Why dont you advertise it privately as the other poster said?

No, most of the dealers contacted had no interest in the car, will just have to keep it for now.

zf44
10-11-2009, 10:34 PM
I had a 2005 Golf Plus (1.9 TDi SPORT) and I tried to trade it in for a Golf last year. I spent a considerable amount of time looking for a dealer who was willing to do a trade in but none of them were interested. Most dealers said for every Golf Plus they sell, they sell upto ten Golfs. Sorry to be negative but the Golf Plus (which I found to be an excellent car) doesn't sell as well as Golfs and the dealers I approached preferred not to keep it on their forecourt. I managed to sell it privately in the end.

CharlesCourtney
11-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Must say my experience part-ex'ing my 55 plate 1.6FSI SE Auto (not DSG) in April 08 is in sharp contrast to that of zf44 - I had 3 dealers all offering to take it off me, the one that did, had it on the forecourt less than three weeks after delivery of my new one in Dec 08.

The price they gave me, based on it being 3yr at the point of changeover was about 54% of what I paid for it. given that in 05, I only just got 50% on a 2 year old 307SW - as far as I was concerned I was very happy.

hethmar
11-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Suppose other point being, the MkV1 came out this year which would have dulled the Mk V market.

iammaxiboy
11-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.