PDA

View Full Version : air con no cold

shaunfaetilly
01-05-2007, 05:34 PM
had my a4 130tdi se since oct 06, no probs, great car!!!!!!!!!
since the sun started comming out the air con dosent seem to be blowing as cold as I'd expect.

What kind of price would you expect to pay to have the system re-charged, as I suspect tihs is all I need.

Thanks for any response.

defero31
01-05-2007, 06:58 PM
I just got quoted £75 + vat for a re fill today at a garage which is ludicrus as it only takes 5 minutes. I once got a volvo re filled through a friend of a friend who worked for a multi purpose air con company and he only charged me £20 and he came to my house!
I guess its a matter of who you know i'm afraid...

shaunfaetilly
01-05-2007, 07:41 PM
cheers defero31, just thought id ask as theres a mobi guy cummin to regas a friend of a friends tonite and everyone is pilling in to get theirs done as well. just waiting to see If he can manage mine tonite.
ps, do they have to replace any seals or parts specific to the car, or is it just the gas?

Thanks for the quick response!!!!!!!!!!:beerchug:

defero31
02-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Had mine done today at a different garage for 50 notes and for that they put a dye in the system and let it run whilst shining a uv light around the engine bay to see if the dye and gas was leeking at all.
They've asked me to go back in ten days time for a free check up to make sure everythings running ok.
Nothing needs to be replaced except the missing gas.
They reckon the gas starts to run low around 100K

Lovejoy572
02-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Had the same problem with my A3 - apparantly Audi recommend an a/c service & top up every 2 years, although it's nowhere to be seen in the service schedule. A dealer will charge you £90 for the priviledge so I would shop around.

pricey
02-05-2007, 10:39 PM
I've got the same on my A4 Avant 1,9 Tdi, I assumed its because its climate control not standard air con and as the outside temp isn't that hot yet the vent wouldn't feel that cold yet. Please let me know if a re-gas makes a differance if, so i'll have to have a top up. Expensive hobby these Audi motors!!!!

Lovejoy572
03-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Mine too was climate control, Pricey and yes a service did make a huge difference. I found even on the 'Lo' setting where I should have been getting maximum a/c, the air was barely cooler than that outside. My gas level turned out to be really low. Your major dilemma is, do you want to pay Audi prices or take a chance with an indepedant place ?!

Punklowe
03-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Definately do some digging about, if yer see someone working on ac anywhere local ask behind closed doors, for 20 bucks cash in hand theyll recharge for yer no fuss, just make sure they have the right refridgerant and that you havent just leaked it somewhere, or yer new stuff will just **** out in a day

Fozmondo
16-05-2007, 11:04 AM
You can now buy DIY air con recharge kits from Halfords bout 40 quid but should last for 2 or 3 charges depending how low your system already is.
Make sure its R134a

roundy
22-05-2007, 12:32 PM
I've just purchased a 2003 A4 Avant Sport 130 with 69K on the clock and my AC is throwing out warm air. Someone from the garage I bought it from is coming out to re-gas it on Saturday but I am a bit worried as I have a hissing noise where the ac pipes go through infront of the screen. Anyone else have a noise like this?

miniredcooper
09-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Guys,

Kwik fit are doing a £44.95 recharge of the system - and they offer money back if they don't reduce the temperature at the vent by 10%.

Hope it's of help.

Cheers

maaxxyy
15-06-2009, 12:42 AM
I just got quoted £75 + vat for a re fill today at a garage which is ludicrus as it only takes 5 minutes. I once got a volvo re filled through a friend of a friend who worked for a multi purpose air con company and he only charged me £20 and he came to my house!
I guess its a matter of who you know i'm afraid...

Sorry to but in but a proper full air con regas does actually take around 45 minutes if its done correctly. http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

spidermike
15-06-2009, 11:51 AM
You can now buy DIY air con recharge kits from Halfords bout 40 quid but should last for 2 or 3 charges depending how low your system already is.
Make sure its R134a

Hi, any tips on how to do this yourself or is everything explained with the kit? I don't have any manuals or the like so it'll have to be pretty obvious and easy if I'm to do it myself!

Cheers:beerchug:
Mike

Fozmondo
15-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Yes its very simple and there are instructions on the can
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_20 1507_categoryId_165632