PDA

View Full Version : Got Myself a GT2, what should i be looking for problem wise?

yellow-160
05-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Just got myself a Rocco GT2 the other day and am going to do what i can with it then probably sell it on...

just wondered what common problems are with them?

List of problems so far are...

Handbrake mount rusted off floor pan
Fuel lines corroded
front discs damaged
Front coil spring snapped
Horn not working
Cv Boot Split
Exhaust has enuff holes to sink a battleship!
and the usual rust patchs around filler cap etc..
rear antiroll bar straps are rotted off so nothing holds it in place apart from wieght of car!

also the lower arms and chassis legs look quite corroded but are solid,

starts first time everytime, idles between 2k-3k till it warms them drops to around 1k.

interior is immaculate!

list of problems so far would be in region of £200 id say to sort but just wondering if im missing anything before i start putting money into it:D

zollaf
05-11-2009, 08:47 PM
youve got all those problems , yet you still want more??? from the sound of it, the poor thing has all the problems it could possibly have. but what about the rear wheel bearings, they sometimes need doing.

Autostadt
05-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Rusty fuel filler neck, carb problems and uninspiring brakes where the main problems with a GTL I used to own.

Good luck

yellow-160
05-11-2009, 11:50 PM
most the problems are minor! the bake brakes lock up but front dont so im geussing they need bleed!

card seems fine on it which i was surprised about!

shes 20! bound to need a few things done... last fella owned it for 7 years and didnt do much to look after it! least the interior is like new its one saving grace!

macmillions
07-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Well I'm really pleased to see a classic car that could have been so easily been scrapped has gone to an owner who is looking at getting the thing roadworthy again.

Hope it all goes well. And post pics once its done. :beerchug:

yellow-160
08-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Well i felt bad as i sent my mk2 golf gti to scrap! so the rocco is to make up for that!! might end up selling it depends how much its going to cost to put right!

someone was looking for one on here so i offered it for sale! but il do what i can when i can!