PDA

View Full Version : Windows Live Mesh

Captain Answer
05-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Anyone else using this amazing piece of kit?

sooty
08-11-2009, 02:58 AM
Ohh well done!

Sounds like a great bit of software... Some people I know used "Drop Box" which seems to be the same but not as good.

I will try it out when I get home... Have you had any luck with it Mr. Answer?

Captain Answer
08-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Ohh well done!

Sounds like a great bit of software... Some people I know used "Drop Box" which seems to be the same but not as good.

I will try it out when I get home... Have you had any luck with it Mr. Answer?

It can be a bit slow to respond sometimes, however its massivly useful if you don't have a VPN capability to your home computer.

Access to your full files and software over multiple machines for free can never be bad.

You can copy and paste files between machines, but no drag and drop function as yet which can mean large files are better sent on yousendit or similar. However you can access your own machine at any time and arrage for the files to be sent if you've forgotten them.

I've not played with the live mesh folders function as yet but this seems good, you can share folders with other users etc.

fayraz
24-11-2009, 11:12 AM
I was using Live Mesh to sync my files across different computers but opted for Dropbox instead after Live Mesh was very slow to sync and sometimes would not sync.

Dropbox is far superior in my opinion for syncing files, the only downfall is you can only sync one folder.