PDA

View Full Version : Remote locking problems on A4

Mark A
01-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I recently bought a 2003 A4 1.9Tdi 130 SE. Unfortunately it only came with one remote, so the local garage took my registration document to the local Audi garage & got a new key. The key opens & closes the doors if you use the blade, but the remote wouldn't work & the car stopped soon after it was started. He looked up his database & tried to program the key, unfortunately this didn't work, and now my original key won't lock / unlock the doors remotely (but at least it lets me drive it).

Also, I went out this morning and found that my car was open. I am assuming that I didn't lock it properly last night, but am concerned that since the garage tried to program the key they have buggered something else up.

How do I get my original key to work again ??:1zhelp:

Local Audi garage aren't terribly helpful and can't fit me in for a week.

Cheers,
Mark

kennygal
15-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Hi Mark.
I had a similar problem with my A6 ,when I replaced the battery in my unused spare remote it didn't work so I then replaced the battery in my good remote then neither would work but like you I could use the 'good' key to unlock & drive the car.
None of the many procedures I found on various forums helped,neither did the first main dealer I went to but someone recommended another main dealer saying their service people were very good so I went there and they recoded both keys & remotes for 60 euro,now both keys & remotes work perfectly,it was well worth it as using the key to open the door and turning off the alarm by turning the key in the ignition was a real pain.
Good luck,Ken.

Mark A
16-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Cheers Ken.

I have now gone back to the main dealers & had both keys recoded. Not sure how much because the dealer I bought from sorted that bit out.

Mark

Fozmondo
16-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Try this it worked with mine
put key in door turn to unlock position hold it there then at same time press button on fob for about 2 seconds

chrisjmcqueen
18-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Try this it worked with mine
put key in door turn to unlock position hold it there then at same time press button on fob for about 2 seconds

Does that make the key learn the code or does it switch the alarm off ??

skinny
26-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Does that make the key learn the code or does it switch the alarm off ??

Just to add to the fun... Both my remotes on an A4 Avant stopped working and I want to check the receiver. Does anyone know where it's located?

:confused:

robin_hackney
22-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Worked on my 2004 A4! Car seemed to forget the remote after I disconnected the battery, but this fixed it cheers.