PDA

View Full Version : Lupo Door Locking Problems

tictac1cars
01-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help. I just bought my daughter a LUPO 1.0E 2000 model and this morning when I tried to open the drivers door, the key wouldnt work - manual no central locking. I assume the door mechanism is broken and want to get the door panel off to have a look but despite taking the cover off the door handle and undoing the screws cant get anything to move! I don't have a haines manual as they dont do one in Halfords but would appreciate any help on how to get the panel off so I can try and sort it! I dont want to pull too hard at anything as I dont want to break anything! Thanks

shooey88
07-05-2007, 06:52 PM
you dont need to take the door panel off. just take the door outer handle off. theres a torx screw along the door at the side...covered by a grommit or piece of plastic maybe. pull the handle off and you will find the paddle at the end of the key barrel broken.

Rookwise
09-05-2007, 06:49 PM
This is a comon problem on the Lupo apparently. Mine used to do it quite often (also a 2000 model 1.0SE).
What we found was that water runs through the outer window seal ontot he door lock barrel. This causes the barrel to sieze up.
Taking the inner door pannel off and spraying the barrel and linkage with a lot of WD40 should loosen it up.